• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What type of job do you have?

Type of job  

633 members have voted

1. 1. Type of job

116 posts in this topic

I am an exterminator for a large company based in California.I work on an hourly basis but with a commission on revenue generated.Lets say my route is 19,500.00 a month I get 20% of that + hourly and OT.I also want to thank God that there seems to be no shortage of pests,hence my position in such a down economy is very safe :banana:

So, if you sell crack, are you self-employed or a contracted at-will employee?

If you were a street level dealer getting fronted by the distributor, then I guess you'd be a contract employee. Though, I hear there are no health benefits to being in that line of "work", as a reprimand is usually some lead to the head.

I have no idea where I am in this list. I am a Substitute teacher who gets paid by the day. Some days they don't need me, and I don't get work. On those days I don't get paid. When I get sick, I don't get paid. I put down part time hourly since it is the closest to what I am. Well at least I have a job.

My job usually changes every 12-18 months, but essentially I'm a Human Resource Manager. Here's my duty description verbatim from FM 1-0...fun stuff...

The HROB is an embedded element within the Sustainment Brigade SPO. The HROB in coordination with the HRSC, has the mission to plan, coordinate, integrate and manage the emplacement and operations of HR support elements executing the personnel accountability, casualty, and postal operations functions. This includes providing technical guidance and assistance to supported G-1/S-1s in the personnel accountability, casualty, and postal mission. As embedded elements within the SPO, the HROB has the responsibility to coordinate the execution of non-HR related sustainment in support of HR operations.

I'm the HROB OIC, pretty good for my career path seeing as how I'm a O3 filling a O4 slot.