• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Comics

251 posts in this topic

OK, time to settle up, who had F_T and the Under of one hour? All you Over betters are suckers!

Isn't it like 3:00 am over there? Maybe he has an auto-alarm whenever Doug's name appears on the board.

OK, time to settle up, who had F_T and the Under of one hour? All you Over betters are suckers!

Isn't it like 3:00 am over there? Maybe he has an auto-alarm whenever Doug's name appears on the board.

1 AM. F_T is a night owl. Thankfully. :)

Like a moth to flame.

I simply believe that people have a right to know who they're dealing with.

Others think that this sort of thing should be 'kept quiet'.

I enjoy reading your posts concerning matters like this. I prefer my collection of books not pressed.

I don't believe any auction results results anymore. They are very seldom reproducible events. The Rocky Mountain X-Men that sold on Comiclink dropped in value upon being resold.

I know I sound like a bad broken record, but the whole thing makes me and baby Jesus cry. Why buy those books and drive them to astronomic heights to try and flip them later? Comics are no better than 100 count lots of Rookie cards were in the late eighties. People who don't care about them are buying and selling them in an attempt to gauge some fictitious "market" that they are both making and crushing at the same time.

Cue Roy chiming in on how these prices are all sustainable and going on among "new blood collectors" in 10 . . .9 . . .8 . . .

Doug's a swell guy. Each of the 48 counts against him were mistakes. Separate, individual mistakes. No pattern there.

OK, I read both the links in this thread: Doug Schmell's law license revoked due to ethical violations involving clients' escrow funds, and the comic book manipulation (microtrim) by Jason Ewart.

So,other than Doug Schmell, a disbarred lawyer who sells high grade Pedigreecomics and has some connection with Tom Brulato; and Jason Ewart who micro-trimmed comics to get higher CGC grades and who has some connection to Tom Brulato, are there others who we should be concerned about?

I'm not being facetious, I am just seriously wondering is there anyone else out in comic-sales land who some might have issues with?

(Of course Danny Dupcak/robojo33/comic-keys has been discussed ad nauseam).

Doug's a swell guy. Each of the 48 counts against him were mistakes. Separate, individual mistakes. No pattern there.

So,other than Doug Schmell, a disbarred lawyer who sells high grade Pedigreecomics and has some connection with Tom Brulato; and Jason Ewart who micro-trimmed comics to get higher CGC grades and who has some connection to Tom Brulato, are there others who we should be concerned about?

I'm not being facetious, I am just seriously wondering is there anyone else out in comic-sales land who some might have issues with?

Thank you for opening the gates of hell, J.B.

I don't believe any auction results results anymore. They are very seldom reproducible events. The Rocky Mountain X-Men that sold on Comiclink dropped in value upon being resold.

I know I sound like a bad broken record, but the whole thing makes me and baby Jesus cry. Why buy those books and drive them to astronomic heights to try and flip them later? Comics are no better than 100 count lots of Rookie cards were in the late eighties. People who don't care about them are buying and selling them in an attempt to gauge some fictitious "market" that they are both making and crushing at the same time.

Cue Roy chiming in on how these prices are all sustainable and going on among "new blood collectors" in 10 . . .9 . . .8 . . .

Well, since I was invited....

I don't think I ever said that the prices are sustainable. I actually don't have a comment on whether they are sustainable or not as I can't predict the future.

I do believe the fireworks and sparkle will cause new people to look into the hobby from the headlines being made. It's just exposure.

I do believe most of the prices we are seeing at auctions are real prices paid by real people. I've spoken to several of them. I've spoken to under bidders who's sat in disbelief as their astronomical (under) bid was blown away. I've spoken to people who have won some of these books who are happy to own them because they can afford to own them.

I didn't follow the RM X-men that Watson spoke about...were they all dumped afterward or just a few?

I do know that some collectors saw the RM books as the best thing since sliced bread and have paid big money to own entire runs of them...maybe some RM books were "dumped" because they were not good enough when compared to PC or Curator copies after they were able to compare them.

Just a thought.

R.

I don't believe any auction results anymore. They are very seldom reproducible events. The Rocky Mountain X-Men that sold on Comiclink dropped in value upon being resold.

maybe it was because of those ugly comiclink RM stickers. hm

I don't believe any auction results anymore. They are very seldom reproducible events. The Rocky Mountain X-Men that sold on Comiclink dropped in value upon being resold.

They didn't help. It looked like CLink slabbed their own CGC books... hey waitaminute... hm

Worldwide has very pretty gold stickers for their Golden Gate books.

This all depends on where you would draw the line of having "issues" with. There are lots of buried bodies out there.

I'll just say this -- Brulato really seems to despise me -- as he ignores me every time we are even remotely near each other and goes out of his way to do so, even when I've directly addressed him. I find it humorous that he feels so strongly, if of course, he had no knowledge of Ewert's activities. If I found out my partner was involved in such activities, I'd go out of my way to thank the people (and it wasn't exactly me alone, but rather the whole boards) who helped to expose someone who was putting me at risk personally.

All that said, during the whole time, I can think of no, absolutely no evidence, that ever concretely showed that Brulato was involved in any "fraudulent" activities. So when I see an implication, all I can say is, I think sometimes conjecture is okay, but I really never saw any evidence that really backed it up.