• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Top Rated Seller!

34 posts in this topic

Congrats to those who feel better by now having this designation, but seriously...BFD?

I too have been bestowed with this ephemeral honor, and my first reaction was, "Is this supposed to make up for the p-i-s-s parade that ebay's been raining on us sellers for years? Just because I happen to fall in line with "ebay's high standards" -that's an oxymoron, by the way- and qualify for their stamp of approval...I should expect more business because of it? How about just reading my feedback, like responsible buyers do already!

C'mon guys, eekbay is just trying to placate us (without it co$ting them anything).

I'll continue to give great service, with or without their token praise.

Ebay recognition??? Who the fu*% cares! (thumbs u ...uh Flee, can you turn this graemlin upside down for me? Tanx.

rantrant over

Rick

The phrase "Top-rated seller" can be found above the ebay ID in a listing, with the gold ribbon icon to the right (also found to the right of listing headers in general search pages):

my precious award the graphics for this are nothing short of dazzling!

Oddly enough, they don't show when I did a search of completed listings under my ID...? (shrug)

Rick

Congrats to those who feel better by now having this designation, but seriously...BFD?

I too have been bestowed with this ephemeral honor, and my first reaction was, "Is this supposed to make up for the p-i-s-s parade that ebay's been raining on us sellers for years? Just because I happen to fall in line with "ebay's high standards" -that's an oxymoron, by the way- and qualify for their stamp of approval...I should expect more business because of it? How about just reading my feedback, like responsible buyers do already!

C'mon guys, eekbay is just trying to placate us (without it co$ting them anything).

I'll continue to give great service, with or without their token praise.

Ebay recognition??? Who the fu*% cares! (thumbs u ...uh Flee, can you turn this graemlin upside down for me? Tanx.

rantrant over

Rick

I hear you.

The biggest complaint I hear from non-eBay saavy people about using eBay is that they don't know how to tell the good guys from the bad and are unwilling or too wise to find out the hard way.

I'll take whatever I can get to separate myself from others in that marketplace. Even token praise! :)

As for the little icon, I can see it here at work but not at home, so I can confirm that all you guys who can't see it are completely senile. Ummm, I mean you are all correct! :grin:

The other dubious advantage the rating offers is that Top Rated Sellers will turn up higher at the top of the page in a search result, under ebay’s stoopid “Best Match” default option. I always search by “Ending Soonest,” but the average Joe might never even change his search criteria so theoretically a seller may be more likely to be seen.

The other dubious advantage the rating offers is that Top Rated Sellers will turn up higher at the top of the page in a search result, under ebay’s stoopid “Best Match” default option. I always search by “Ending Soonest,” but the average Joe might never even change his search criteria so theoretically a seller may be more likely to be seen.

I agree I hate Best Match.