• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

I hate that whole "Due to privacy concerns we cannot share with you what happens" It makes me mad.

I reported a seller that had up $14.99 auctions with $1,200 shipping. For items that would at most be around $18-22 to ship US or Canadian. They never got back to me and the seller kept on selling. I am sure they had a lot of buyer who never noticed until after the auction that the shipping was $1,200. Ebays new auction page makes the shipping more difficult to "see"

This guy obviously has canned responses for these types of "inquiries"...

His latest response...

Dear architect54,

Sending: Fantastic Four #45 NM 9.4 High Grade Vol 1 1st Inhumans

to CGC for restoration check. It's not impossible to think the person I purchased from unrestored it. Either way, I'll know for sure once I get it back.

- cdpaoli

I love how these guys state that "they are not responsible for shipments if the buyer does not request insurance".

that would have floated before ebays new policy that got instated last month - now the SELLER is responsible for ALL SHIPMENTS. no matter what the cost.

I love how these guys state that "they are not responsible for shipments if the buyer does not request insurance".

that would have floated before ebays new policy that got instated last month - now the SELLER is responsible for ALL SHIPMENTS. no matter what the cost.

:eek:

I still have that line in my file/template for auctions... time to go edit it!

(thumbs u

-slym (hasn't sold anything there for a while anyway)

Ebay doesn't care less about these things. They still get their fees and paypal fees and closing fees.

I had a very similar experience with an XXXhat from Jacksonville (just do a search for Marvelous Marvels or stephen nicholson) and was fortunate to have my cc company have my back when paypal left me out to dry.

On a side note, I'd sent him tons of emails all of which he ignored. When he got the Paypal chargeback, he emailed me asking me to return the book the same day.

I hope that someone saved the information. This kind of stuff can be useful if saved.

I still have the images, and auction photos. But maybe somebody requested that some of the info be pulled. Too much info maybe?

At least it's consistent. :mad:

If you go back and look at who's watching out for collectors, it's not service providing 'experts' or hobby publications. It's other collectors.

Time after time, after time, and time again, diligent board posters have done the heavy lifting to connect the dots. To organize the information. To make an effort.

And time after time, after time, and time again, it gets locked or deleted. Go back and pick your scandal. That trimmed Batman 11, the PCS rumors, Ewert, PGX, Manufactured Gold, and on and on and on. Board posters brought us the awareness. Each and every time. Before the locks and deletes and containment efforts kick in...

rantrantrantrantrantrantrantrant

Did this thread get chopped to hell or what happened? (shrug)

Oh man! Just saw this! Can we get a f---king explanation please CGC? Just WhyTF was this information Nixoned?? Seriously, excuse my expletive-deleteds but this was one of the most beneficial threads as of late to these boards... (shrug)

Criminy... :tonofbricks::pullhair::frustrated::sumo:

Oh man! Just saw this! Can we get a f---king explanation please CGC? Just WhyTF was this information Nixoned?? Seriously, excuse my expletive-deleteds but this was one of the most beneficial threads as of late to these boards... (shrug)

Tom, why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel?

Seriously..i think a MOD needs to chime in on this one...i was just linking this thread to someone to read about the scammers on ebay,and this thread is USELESS NOW!!!

!!!

my guess is that because pics of those guys started showing up [along with possible personal info], that's when a complaint likely got the midsection disemboweled.

if this thread will stay on track ie. just showing obvious books bought/sold as restored/unrestored, we might have a usable resource.

dig?