• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

Dear delt569,

I'm not a con-artist. I sold you a comic and I missed a tiny amount of color touch. That color touch is fully removed now. No need to call me a scammer to your CGC chat friends.

- lexerific

how can the seller say that he originally missed the CT, when he bought the book as CGC restored, and then cracked it out of the slab to sell as UNRESTORED? doh!:screwy:

Dear delt569,

I'm not a con-artist. I sold you a comic and I missed a tiny amount of color touch. That color touch is fully removed now. No need to call me a scammer to your CGC chat friends.

- lexerific

how can the seller say that he originally missed the CT, when he bought the book as CGC restored, and then cracked it out of the slab to sell as UNRESTORED? doh!:screwy:

cause he's just typing on a keyboard, and does have to look at your while he's saying it.

Also got ripped off to the tune of $1500 last summer by a guy named Tom Nelson Williams, email hmcpresents@gmail.com

I bought a book, it was overgraded, sent it back, guy offered to make it up to me by selling me a small pile of books, I paid for them, they were all overgraded, I mailed them all back, seller kept in contact with me until the Paypal dispute period expired, and then I never heard from him again.

Played the poor-me card saying he needed time to get the Paypal money back onto Paypal.

Dude was out of Santa Rosa CA.

fluffy062 lol

I think I have a good idea who fluffy is.

Glad to see they read here, I bet they have the thread bookmarked.

Fluffy062 was listed as Nancy Immediato with an email of butsista7@q.com

Very interesting, not the woman I had in mind though.

I'll run it down.

I won an auction of theirs to the tune of $500 where they graded the book a 9.4.

I sent the book back for a refund (it would have graded a 6.5) and they never refunded Paypal. By my own stupidity (I knew better but was naive enough to trust them), I had the book sent back with no tracking and so have no recourse with Paypal as I cannot prove the book was sent back.

I surmise that after they received the book (and I suppose realized that there was no tracking) they broke all communication.

I haven't heard from them since.

I have only had one package out of 1000's go "missing" and even then I am still not sure that first package went missing. I believe it possible by the way it went down that the book was simply kept along with Paypal funds.

You have receipt showing you mailed a package to her zipcode, right?

Did anybody else see the book before you sent it back? Have any scans? You might have enough to sue on with a little work.

Has fluffy relisted lol or any of them relisted it.

These people are not really that smart, and I think have already gotten themselves in way over their heads.

Also got ripped off to the tune of $1500 last summer by a guy named Tom Nelson Williams, email hmcpresents@gmail.com

I bought a book, it was overgraded, sent it back, guy offered to make it up to me by selling me a small pile of books, I paid for them, they were all overgraded, I mailed them all back, seller kept in contact with me until the Paypal dispute period expired, and then I never heard from him again.

Played the poor-me card saying he needed time to get the Paypal money back onto Paypal.

That sucks.Both stories.

I've had my "burn" also with a Paypal dispute timing out.NEVER again.

I file a dispute,and if i dont have the funds back within 5 days,it goes right to claim with all usps tracking info on the return,reason for return,ect...

Seller can deal with Paypal,Cry poor,i don't care..not my problem at that stage.

Also,learned the hard way about the "no tracking" return also,but was only for a $25 book.Never make that mistake again either.

Strange. I see Fluffy has some auctions up, pics are in a similar style to other scammers. I think Fluffy simply learned from them, and is not actually connected to the others.

Also I think somebody is using this lady's name for the account (relative maybe). That email address doesn't make sense for her age. My hunch would be this is JR's mess.

If you care to, I'd send her a certified letter, restricted delivery so that only she can sign for it. Just ask her if she is aware of your ebay dispute with her and ask her to call you. Perhaps you will get to the truth.

That sucks.Both stories.

I've had my "burn" also with a Paypal dispute timing out.NEVER again.

I file a dispute,and if i dont have the funds back within 5 days,it goes right to claim with all usps tracking info on the return,reason for return,ect...

Seller can deal with Paypal,Cry poor,i don't care..not my problem at that stage.

Also,learned the hard way about the "no tracking" return also,but was only for a $25 book.Never make that mistake again either.

Those are good lessons to learn, hopefully others reading this will pick up on those tips. Regards,

Strange. I see Fluffy has some auctions up, pics are in a similar style to other scammers. I think Fluffy simply learned from them, and is not actually connected to the others.

Also I think somebody is using this lady's name for the account (relative maybe). That email address doesn't make sense for her age. My hunch would be this is JR's mess.

If you care to, I'd send her a certified letter, restricted delivery so that only she can sign for it. Just ask her if she is aware of your ebay dispute with her and ask her to call you. Perhaps you will get to the truth.

Well she definity has bought and sold MANY times with lex and cdpaoli,that is for sure.

I will let my paypal case run its course for now,and may actually try to contact her as you recomeneded if need be.If you want her contact info,pm me.

these horror stories on the last 2 pages are scaring me...

Moral of the Story: Stay away from eBay. Plenty of other legit venues to buy your books from.

no. buy CGC and you won't have to worry about buying undisclosed resto. :baiting: people get scammed here too, so caveat emptor. :gossip:

Dear delt569,

- lexerific

Cause he's a f*@&ing liar! And a thief! :boo:

renamed thread because the OP insists on continuing the generic naming convention which helps nobody. :sumo:

I'm not understanding this post (?) (shrug)

Can't change the title so what is it you're suggesting?

Happy to convert this into a different thread if everyone thinks that would be helpful...we've asked the mods to sticky this and that's where I thought a generic title might be more conducive to that...

Still pizzed at all the information that was deleted for no valid/explainable reason...

t

renamed thread because the OP insists on continuing the generic naming convention which helps nobody. :sumo:

Happy to convert this into a different thread if everyone thinks that would be helpful...we've asked the mods to sticky this and that's where I thought a generic title might be more conducive to that...

Still pizzed at all the information that was deleted for no valid/explainable reason...

t

You'll get no help from the mods - posted pictures of mod8 and mod9 last night and that thread was vaporized. Maybe the guess was too close for comfort..., :thumbsup:

t

You'll get no help from the mods - posted pictures of mod8 and mod9 last night and that thread was vaporized. Maybe the guess was too close for comfort..., :thumbsup:

Lex's real name keeps dissapperaring when i type it in...

Narbeth

Edit:HMMM..showed up this time doh!

t

Lex's real name keeps dissapperaring when i type it in...

Narbeth

Edit:HMMM..showed up this time doh!

Hereyago...

Narbeh Harutunian

La Crescenta, CA 91214

United States

I appreciate the boardies who contributed to this thread and the one who left the ebay negative feedback for his Showcase 22 purchase to google lexerific. I had bid on some of his previous offerings of Avengers 1 and 4 and was considering putting in a decent bid on the trimmed Batman 11 which closes Wednesday. Lexerific confirmed that the book was free from restoration. You guys potentially saved me from a big hastle.