• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

Hey man, WTTB! Sorry you took a lexerific hit, but I'm glad you got most of your loot back. It's also good to see that people are getting real benefit out of the threads here.

Amen to that.If only we could completely put these guys out of business.

Oh! welcome to the boards. :applause:

I am very grateful to you guys. I had no idea such a scam existed. I know I've looked at cdpaoli and makeanofferandwin auctions before too but didn't bid cause their feedback was low.

I wish there was some way to put these guys out of business. Does eBay simply not care or just doesn’t understand the importance of grading and how a restored comic is worth a small fraction of an unrestored copy?

Also I notice narbeh's account makemeanofferandwin has fired back up in full force. Expect to see a lot of plods cracked and over graded books hit the cdpaoli and lexerific auctions real soon.

I am done with Ebay for good, very shortly. So I might not check in as much on there to see what is happening. I probably will though, can't resist looking at one of the best comic scams in the business operating with impunity.

Also I notice narbeh's account makemeanofferandwin has fired back up in full force. Expect to see a lot of plods cracked and over graded books hit the cdpaoli and lexerific auctions real soon.

I am done with Ebay for good, very shortly. So I might not check in as much on there to see what is happening. I probably will though, can't resist looking at one of the best comic scams in the business operating with impunity.

To be honest with you,I have resigned myself to not buy anything off of ebay.I really will only buy from reputable people on the boards,and comic cons/shows for big dollar books so I can inspect them before purchasing it.Just my way of not getting scammed. 2c

Dear delt569,

I'm not a con-artist. I sold you a comic and I missed a tiny amount of color touch. That color touch is fully removed now. No need to call me a scammer to your CGC chat friends.

- lexerific

Just goes to show he reads these boards all the time. :pullhair:

Lex your a doosh,Thank you. (thumbs u

WTTB to the new boardie!! Sucks it took this to get you here.But welcome!

Warren,those guys are cranking it up all right,and add fluffy062 to the list of people doing business with these guys.

fluffy062 is buying and selling books with these guys.She has sold several PLODS to them,and has won multiple books from them,then reselling them.So these "SCAM" books are getting passed on via 3rd party.

Warren,those guys are cranking it up all right,and add fluffy062 to the list of people doing business with these guys.

fluffy062 is buying and selling books with these guys.She has sold several PLODS to them,and has won multiple books from them,then reselling them.So these "SCAM" books are getting passed on via 3rd party.

Fluffy has ripped me off to the tune of $500.

:censored:

Dear delt569,

I'm not a con-artist. I sold you a comic and I missed a tiny amount of color touch. That color touch is fully removed now. No need to call me a scammer to your CGC chat friends.

- lexerific

Just goes to show he reads these boards all the time. :pullhair:

Lex your a doosh,Thank you. (thumbs u

They are here,and total scum bags.

F you guys....you know who you are...aram321 and lex..cdpaoli..F U

She's trying to get me for $900 right now...oh the negs will be flying soon to her from me..dont worry...just waiting for the paypal case to finish first.

She has MULTIPLE "feedback left" for the cdpaoli and aram321 accounts...AVOID

fluffy062 lol

I think I have a good idea who fluffy is.

Glad to see they read here, I bet they have the thread bookmarked.

Fluffy062 was listed as Nancy Immediato with an email of butsista7@q.com

Are you serious? That's getting to be enough where you should think about trying to remedy your loss.

Explain the loss.

I won an auction of theirs to the tune of $500 where they graded the book a 9.4.

I sent the book back for a refund (it would have graded a 6.5) and they never refunded Paypal. By my own stupidity (I knew better but was naive enough to trust them), I had the book sent back with no tracking and so have no recourse with Paypal as I cannot prove the book was sent back.

I surmise that after they received the book (and I suppose realized that there was no tracking) they broke all communication.

I haven't heard from them since.

I have only had one package out of 1000's go "missing" and even then I am still not sure that first package went missing. I believe it possible by the way it went down that the book was simply kept along with Paypal funds.