• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

I appreciate the boardies who contributed to this thread and the one who left the ebay negative feedback for his Showcase 22 purchase to google lexerific. I had bid on some of his previous offerings of Avengers 1 and 4 and was considering putting in a decent bid on the trimmed Batman 11 which closes Wednesday. Lexerific confirmed that the book was free from restoration. You guys potentially saved me from a big hastle.

Awesome,Another sale thwarted. :applause:

Welcome to the boards

I appreciate the boardies who contributed to this thread and the one who left the ebay negative feedback for his Showcase 22 purchase to google lexerific. I had bid on some of his previous offerings of Avengers 1 and 4 and was considering putting in a decent bid on the trimmed Batman 11 which closes Wednesday. Lexerific confirmed that the book was free from restoration. You guys potentially saved me from a big hastle.

How do you know the bat 11 is trimmed? Where did i miss that info?

Back cover looks trimmed,no?corners are pretty sharp for 1941,thoughts. hm

Back cover looks trimmed,no?corners are pretty sharp for 1941,thoughts. hm

Oh,ok..i thought it was discused or linked somewhere to a PLOD sale.

renamed thread because the OP insists on continuing the generic naming convention which helps nobody. :sumo:

I'm not understanding this post (?) (shrug)

Can't change the title so what is it you're suggesting?

Happy to convert this into a different thread if everyone thinks that would be helpful...we've asked the mods to sticky this and that's where I thought a generic title might be more conducive to that...

Still pizzed at all the information that was deleted for no valid/explainable reason...

t

Post changed. As I explained in PM, the content removal made me think this was a new thread. :sorry::foryou:

And the guys in the subject are going to eff with the wrong person one day and wind up in jail or worse. Or so I can only hope :cloud9:

If you're reading this, guys; You suck, and I hope you get what's coming to you, you lying scumbag scammers (thumbs u

For the record I had one dealing with Narbeh years ago and it was straightforward. I was a seller, sold him a raw X-men #1 on eBay, he had it slabbed and as far as I know he sold it slabbed (with a sig series IIRC).

Too bad he's turned himself into a steaming pile.

renamed thread because the OP insists on continuing the generic naming convention which helps nobody. :sumo:

I'm not understanding this post (?) (shrug)

Can't change the title so what is it you're suggesting?

Happy to convert this into a different thread if everyone thinks that would be helpful...we've asked the mods to sticky this and that's where I thought a generic title might be more conducive to that...

Still pizzed at all the information that was deleted for no valid/explainable reason...

t

If you're reading this, guys; You suck, and I hope you get what's coming to you, you lying scumbag scammers (thumbs u

Oh, they're reading it.

Whadya wanna bet this is a cracked PLOD??!! doh!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220645112555

and this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-Four-1-1961-F-VF-7-0-Beauty-1st-App-/290467776795?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a13a891b

Are you serious. If this were unrestored these guys would be CGCing them in a heartbeat. Don't know who's the bigger insufficiently_thoughtful_person...the seller or the bidder?? :insane:

Whadya wanna bet this is a cracked PLOD??!! doh!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220645112555

and this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-Four-1-1961-F-VF-7-0-Beauty-1st-App-/290467776795?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a13a891b

Are you serious. If this were unrestored these guys would be CGCing them in a heartbeat. Don't know who's the bigger insufficiently_thoughtful_person...the seller or the bidder?? :insane:

Tom, I have seen this book before,when I was in the market for a Hulk #1 I looked at everyone that was for sale for 6-8 months.I think this was in a Heritage or Clink auction,I tried to look it up but could'nt find it.Long story short this was if I remember correctly a 3.5 PLOD and trimmed.

97.1% feedback? :roflmao: A great job being done by fee-Bay as usual.

If you scroll through his entire feedback (it doesn't take that long) there's a neg every so often. Each time his reply is that the the buyer was unfair and/or a liar (in one case he claims that the buyer is a "bad actor", and one should reference these very boards for proof lol ). And then there's also all the neutrals and even positives that remark about his err, loose grading standards, non-disclosure of resto and amateur packing ability.

Don't people bother to read the fb and figure out that this is a pony not worth backing?

and this one...

umm ah well http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220651536815

Why yes it's an FF1 bought from Gary Dolgoff, noted as having a trim. Notice the wrap of the book? See how "The" wraps into the spine, little doubt it's the same book. Goodness Narbeh bought that book, he probably removed the resto and sold it quick, all honest like.

and this one...

umm ah well http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220651536815

Why yes it's an FF1 bought from Gary Dolgoff, noted as having a trim. Notice the wrap of the book? See how "The" wraps into the spine, little doubt it's the same book. Goodness Narbeh bought that book, he probably removed the resto and sold it quick, all honest like.

He has the magic ability to untrim books.

97.1% feedback? :roflmao: A great job being done by fee-Bay as usual.

If you scroll through his entire feedback (it doesn't take that long) there's a neg every so often. Each time his reply is that the the buyer was unfair and/or a liar (in one case he claims that the buyer is a "bad actor", and one should reference these very boards for proof lol ). And then there's also all the neutrals and even positives that remark about his err, loose grading standards, non-disclosure of resto and amateur packing ability.

Don't people bother to read the fb and figure out that this is a pony not worth backing?

they read it and bid accordingly.