• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DD #1 CGC 8.5: A scam ?

40 posts in this topic

This was a groundbreaking special effects film when it debuted in 1982. It still looks good.

As I remember it...Tron was the first movie to use CGI on a large scale...no wonder Jeff Bridges agreed to co-star in it...man...could he throw that frisbee... wink.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Uh, well, uh.....we took care of establishing that the DD #1 auction was a scam...

we sent irate emails to the seller........and notified eBay of the fraud..........

so the Bay Commandos were just kickin' back and checkin' out Tron Babe pix after another

successful mission.

Sorry, we didn't mean to hijack the thread. insane.gif

Hey, whaddya' want, it's a really slow (cold) Thursday afternoon here! confused-smiley-013.gif

This was a groundbreaking special effects film when it debuted in 1982. It still looks good.

As I remember it...Tron was the first movie to use CGI on a large scale...no wonder Jeff Bridges agreed to co-star in it...man...could he throw that frisbee... wink.gif

I highly recommend getting ahold of the special edition DVD of the movie, which, unlike most DVD "special edition" fluff-filler, has tons of fascinating material relating to the making of the movie. Lots of extras. Interviews with the cast, including Bridges, who in a pretty goofy moment claims that he still walks around the house sometimes with his Tron helmet on, really screwing up the electronics in his house. Very funny.

The funny thing is, I had completely forgotten she was in Caddy Shack until I visited her site. She is a fuller-figured woman now, but still a beauty. Course I'm quite a bit more fuller-figured (re: gut) than I was in 1982, too! wink.gif

Love TRON... saw it five times when it came out, each time on mind-bending hallucinogens. (This was 20 years ago, remember smile.gif) Heck, the drive home from the theater was like racing one of those motorcyles in the film!

****If you haven't checked out the totally awesome multiplayer game based on that motorcycle sequence, you need to; it's one of the coolest games going... here's the link:

http://armagetron.sourceforge.net/

Imagine 2, 4, even 16 cycles on the same 'map' trying to wipe each other out... awesome stuff.

I don't know if I should thank you for the link, Garth.......this has all the makings of a time-consuming, career-crippling addiction....and they have an OSX version! Ngaaahhh!

Believe me, this game is a time sucker. It's solid in the single-player, but it's the multiplayer version that'll hook ya. You do need a high-end machine to run this game in all its glory...someone deserves a big no-prize for cooking this up.

BUMP. This auction is still chugging along with it's phoney CGC # and all. It was previously listed with a different (and also phoney) CGC number. This one gets under my skin!!