• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Next Great Collection....when...where....

25 posts in this topic

My local comic geek buddies and I were sitting around talking funny books they way we do on Wednesday's....waxing and waning the nostalgic....general fanboy fun-stuff. Then we got into talking collections.....MH....PC...White Mnt. etc.... This scenario came up.... The fact that the internet, ebay, comiclink etc have been up and running, it has enabled people to widen there scope of buying and hunting down books. So, it is so very feasible that there are now many more great collections out there that have been built in the last 10-15 years. So what if it's got some MH's, PC's etc..etc... plus some HG raw books. The fact that's it's combined does not make it less valuable, and the chance that there is several new mind blowing collections assembled is more than feasible..It's most likely reality, some have already been mentioned in the "registry thread", my thoughts are that many great collections have been broken down and assimilated back into the collecting community.....some we have not heard of yet, that will be mind-blowing when they do emerge from some dark closet somewhere. In short, internet buying has allowed the creation of some fantastic collection out there, in a much shorter time, and I'd say there are far more out there that we have no clue exsisit that will be mind blowing when they do surface.

In short, internet buying has allowed the creation of some fantastic collection out there, in a much shorter time, and I'd say there are far more out there that we have no clue exist that will be mind blowing when they do surface.

I think they are out there.

Take the boards here for instance, I'll wager there is more than one very nice collection within the collective that has yet to "surface", raw or/and slabbed alike, stored away in a dark, safe place.

You been looking in my underwear drawer again?

My agents are every where......beware :shy:

Nicholas Cage for example, his came and went, but he built that in short time ( because he had the coin), so add in the factor that common Joe has to wait....plod along.....build and cull......years of shows, years of internet buying.....collection now very nice.......hell there are most likely a slew of them out there, but the key is them not hitting the market st the same time in the future.

Nicholas Cage for example, his came and went, but he built that in short time ( because he had the coin), so add in the factor that common Joe has to wait....plod along.....build and cull.....

Oddly enough it seems that Nic Cage "PLOD"ed along for a while and didn't know it until CGC graded his books for the auction. :o

Nicholas Cage for example, his came and went, but he built that in short time ( because he had the coin), so add in the factor that common Joe has to wait....plod along.....build and cull.....

Oddly enough it seems that Nic Cage "PLOD"ed along for a while and didn't know it until CGC graded his books for the auction. :o

Got a link to an article on this subject?

I probably have the heritage catalog somewhere, but you can just go to their archives and put in "Cage" in the search line for old auction results and see the books yourself.

He had been interviewed in various magazines before he decided to sell talking about how he loved comics and wanted the best copies of these books. They were only graded by CGC after the decision was made to sell off the books.

C

I probably have the heritage catalog somewhere, but you can just go to their archives and put in "Cage" in the search line for old auction results and see the books yourself.

He had been interviewed in various magazines before he decided to sell talking about how he loved comics and wanted the best copies of these books. They were only graded by CGC after the decision was made to sell off the books.

C

All I see is his current Adventure Comics # 57 up for sale.

Won't be my collection!!

Well, according to accounts, made a ton of profit on the books when he sold them. It was somewhere north of $600k over his cost and auction expenses. So that's not bad. Plod's or no.

Would have been great to see his Cap #1 as a blue label though. Cage's copy was the Mile High and someone cleaned and color touched it. It was a PLOD 9.0...but it was gorgeous.

C

C

All I see is his current Adventure Comics # 57 up for sale.

:gossip: Go to "Permanent Auction Archives"...then "Golden Age Comics" and put "Nicolas Cage" in the keyword search line and click "Search Titles and Descriptions" should bring them all up.

I just did it with Captain America #1 and "Cage" and bam...there it is. (thumbs u

Take the boards here for instance, I'll wager there is more than one very nice collection within the collective that has yet to "surface", raw or/and slabbed alike, stored away in a dark, safe place.

Whoever Ghost Town is on the registry, has one of the most impressive collections I have come across.

And Richard Evans has never posted a book that I wouldn't kill to have in my collection. hm Well, except maybe that western with the kid holding a log like it's some cowboy's johnson. I could do without that one. lol

Aha! I also notice the ingenious button you can push on archived items where you can send an anonymous offer to the person who purchased an item. That has to be a pretty awesome way to buy things without waiting for auction. I mean if you're someone willing to pay a premium I guess.

Aha! I also notice the ingenious button you can push on archived items where you can send an anonymous offer to the person who purchased an item. That has to be a pretty awesome way to buy things without waiting for auction. I mean if you're someone willing to pay a premium I guess.

If they still have the book and if they're willing to part with it (thumbs u

Whoever Ghost Town is on the registry, has one of the most impressive collections I have come across.

And Richard Evans has never posted a book that I wouldn't kill to have in my collection. hm Well, except maybe that western with the kid holding a log like it's some cowboy's johnson. I could do without that one. lol

Ghost Town posts on here occasionally and his collection is mind boggling. There are a few boardies that have/had impressive collections: Harry's (Burntboy) OO collection that he sold off 2-3 years ago; namisgr ASM run - just to name a couple. So there are collections out there, the owners just haven't had the need/desire to bring them to the market yet.