• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFS

174 posts in this topic

If "NFS" in your gallery means anything less than "Not For Sale At ANY Price", then it is YOUR responsibility and duty to provide a price. The onus is on YOU as you have all the POWER! If you don't, you are playing on the buyer's emotions. If you don't, you are sickening, disgusting, and MORALLY ABHORRENT!*

Or something like that. :insane:lol

*( http://qurls.com?i=48183 ) :gossip:

Wow, I never dreamed that my NFS art can make me sooooo powerful! I have an urgent impulse to buy more art, list it as NFS, and become even more powerful. Bwa ha haa :devil:

Interesting reading this thread.

Now let's put it to action. I've got many pieces in my CAF listed 'NFS' by a wide variety of artists. For all the bluster that goes on with board members, take a look, see if there's something that you're interested in, and feel free to make an offer.

Let's see if the offers come close to fair market value. Here's the link to my CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=147

Somehow, I'm thinking the Keown Hulk covers are off-limits ;)

Hari

But Hari...every piece of art has it's price doesn't it? hm:baiting:

Nope, MOST does. Several pieces in my collection hold too much sentimental/nostalgic value to let go at ANY price. But, yes, MOST art will go at a certain level, especially when that level is multiples of FMV.

If Bill Cox came out with a NFSAAP (Not For Sale At Any Price), then there would be several pieces that I'd put that stamp on. Maybe he should do that.

Hari

Nope, MOST does. Several pieces in my collection hold too much sentimental/nostalgic value to let go at ANY price. But, yes, MOST art will go at a certain level, especially when that level is multiples of FMV.

If Bill Cox came out with a NFSAAP (Not For Sale At Any Price), then there would be several pieces that I'd put that stamp on. Maybe he should do that.

Hari

Hey Hari, you can put down NFSAAP, you can put whatever you want in that field :D

Malvin

Hari

Hey Hari, you can put down NFSAAP, you can put whatever you want in that field :D

Malvin

This thread is interesting for me, but from a practical standpoint I only have about 5% of my collection on CAF. The vast majority is not up there, including most if not all of the "key" pieces in my collection.

But, yes, I'll probably make that clarification at some point if I start posting/uploading images again.

Hari

This thread is interesting for me, but from a practical standpoint I only have about 5% of my collection on CAF. The vast majority is not up there, including most if not all of the "key" pieces in my collection.

But, yes, I'll probably make that clarification at some point if I start posting/uploading images again.

Hari

Based on what you have posted so far in your collection, I shudder (in a good way) to think of what you haven't shown that you consider to be a "key" piece in your collection.

So, by all means, please find some time to post / upload some images. :)

Later.

-Will

Hari

Malvin

Hari

I was wondering why the old 'nighthawk' images seemed to be missing :)

Now let's put it to action. I've got many pieces in my CAF listed 'NFS' by a wide variety of artists. For all the bluster that goes on with board members, take a look, see if there's something that you're interested in, and feel free to make an offer.

Let's see if the offers come close to fair market value. Here's the link to my CAF:

Somehow, I'm thinking the Keown Hulk covers are off-limits ;)

Hari

But Hari...every piece of art has it's price doesn't it? hm:baiting:

Hari

If he did make that change... and people did put things down as NFSAAP, I'm sure they would still get offers. And you know what I bet the odd one would get accepted. So then what? Another code called NRIMINFSAAP (no really I mean it not for sale at any price) or perhaps JWYSEMATPIDWTSI (jeez will you stop emailing me about this piece I don't want to sell it)?

Bottom line even NFSAAP pieces would still get sold sometimes, I'm sure of it. So I don't know what the notation would provide other than a higher expectation for offers. I think NFS already conveys what needs to be conveyed (shrug)

Do you really want me to do this?

You've been holding onto a piece of mine for far too long already. :devil:

Best,

Chris

I think Ted from Comicsfun.com handles the NFS issue in a terrific way. He has OA for sale with prices listed. He also has his personal collection that he's happy to keep. But in case you want to make an offer, he lists prices that he'd consider selling the piece for.

Last time I looked Ted had a Kaluta Aquaman cover for $1500. From memory, I recall Heritage Auctions sellling a Kaluta Aquaman cover or two for the $800+ range so the mark-up seems fair for a piece he doesn't really want to sell.

He offers the warning that he might not sell a piece at the price listed, anyway, or may want to adjust the price upward if the market has changed. But you'll have an idea of the $$$ ballpark before you contact him.

Ted also has a few pieces listed as NFS. Because he doesn't list any prices on this artwork, I believe it is truly Not For Sale.

Best,

Chris

Just one, Chris? ;)

Best,

Chris

Just one, Chris? ;)

Are you sure you want to open the Hulk Keown vaults up to us vultures ;)

I'm sure I can find one or two I'd be interested in. Never quite found a replacement cover for the one I sold you, although I still have a great Keown splash example.

Hari

Hari

Based on what you have posted so far in your collection, I shudder (in a good way) to think of what you haven't shown that you consider to be a "key" piece in your collection.

Later.

-Will

Hoping to buy a new scanner, perhaps the one Chris Caira recommended a while back, and then scan everything again. Lost a bunch of scanned images when my hard drive crashed earlier this year, so will have to start more or less from scratch with the scanning. That's been part of the problem. That and the fact that I have very little if any free time these days.

And yes, I do have a collection I'm quite proud of. It's been a great hobby, with lots of great art and friends along the way.

Hari

Hari

Later.

-Will

Hoping to buy a new scanner, perhaps the one Chris Caira recommended a while back, and then scan everything again. Lost a bunch of scanned images when my hard drive crashed earlier this year, so will have to start more or less from scratch with the scanning. That's been part of the problem. That and the fact that I have very little if any free time these days.

And yes, I do have a collection I'm quite proud of. It's been a great hobby, with lots of great art and friends along the way.

Hari

Awesome. I can totally understand the lack of free time, and look forward to when you are able to find the time to scan and upload the images.

And I didn't think there would be anyone that wouldn't be proud of their own collection. Sure, we can be our own worst critics, and always want to "improve" it, but not proud of what you have? Nawwwww. :)

Later.

-Will

Best,

Chris

Just one, Chris? ;)

I'm sure I can find one or two I'd be interested in. Never quite found a replacement cover for the one I sold you, although I still have a great Keown splash example.

Hari

I got one !.... :devil:

Hari

Hiya, Hari;

Well, not sure how many Keown vultures are out there, but I have sold a Keown Hulk cover recently. The precedent has already been established :gossip:

Hari

Hiya, Hari;

Well, not sure how many Keown vultures are out there, but I have sold a Keown Hulk cover recently. The precedent has already been established :gossip:

Hmmm.

PM sent.

Hari

Hoping to buy a new scanner, perhaps the one Chris Caira recommended a while back, and then scan everything again. Lost a bunch of scanned images when my hard drive crashed earlier this year, so will have to start more or less from scratch with the scanning. That's been part of the problem.

I feel your pain, Hari. I had a hd crash recently as well. :cry: I'm quite thankful I had as many scans up on CAF as I did already...it would be a total pain to have to do them all over again.

For what it's worth, you may be able to grab some pics via the Wayback Machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050204232509/nighthawkcomics.com/art.html

I was able to retrieve some of mine via an old CAF listing.

I miss your old website, btw. It was a real inspiration to me when I started collecting several years ago. Lean, mean with great examples. And, yet, at the same time, not as impossibly daunting as a Dave Mandel or Eric Roberts collection. Just right! (thumbs u