• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here ia a member of the Eagle comics Judge DREDD#1 club?

164 posts in this topic

Just checked the status of my CGC SS Eagle Comics Judge Dredd #1 came back a 9.6 :banana:. Even thought its not a 9.8 still happy being 1 of 4 in the census at 9.6

:news: It came today :whee:

101272.jpg.5e2bc0f3a3f208324f1066752fe74526.jpg

Yeah, that's mine. lol

Hey, I figure it cost (with shipping there and back/insurance) almost $40 to get done, then with eBay/Paypal fees, another $10, plus free ( for the buyer) shipping, another $12....

Then all I'll get is Best offers...I'll be lucky to make $10 off the whole deal.

Only way to survive on eBay.

My other one came back a 9.6 :grin: I'm keeping that one.

Looking through my X-Force #1's....

Yeah, that's mine. lol

Hey, I figure it cost (with shipping there and back/insurance) almost $40 to get done, then with eBay/Paypal fees, another $10, plus free ( for the buyer) shipping, another $12....

Then all I'll get is Best offers...I'll be lucky to make $10 off the whole deal.

Only way to survive on eBay.

Don't take this the wrong way, but none of the CGC 7.0, CGC 7.5 or CGC 8.0 moderns you have on ebay will ever make back the money you spent on getting them signed, graded & shipped :tonofbricks:

All I can do is try, make what I can, and learn from the process.

:applause:

But I have to agree with Michael on this one, Chuck. Just as a suggestion, if you are going to spend all that money to have a book signed and plan is resale, go for the best grades you can to ask top-dollar.

The CGC sales cycle seems to have changed, and where the common collector was buying books that were 9.0 and greater, now it seems the majority of the market have gravitated to the higher grades when you are dealing with common books.

Just a suggestion so as not to waste your investment.

Didn't feel like this was important enough to dedicate an entire thread to this in the Comics in general forum so I thought I'd post this news here.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/07/21/scoop-karl-urban-to-be-cast-as-judge-dredd/

We’ve been hearing word about the new Judge Dredd movie for quite some time. A step up from the Sylvester Stallone movie, it’s intended to be closer to the darker tone of the comic book. And it was all the buzz at Cannes earlier this year.

Well, Bleeding Cool now understands that Karl Urban will be offered the role of Judge Dredd in the new movie. Or at least Judge Dredd’s chin. Because one of the main provisos of the deal is that, just as in the comic, Judge Dredd will not remove his helmet. But of course that chin will now be seen in glorious three dimensions. And, contract willing, Karl Urban is of a mind to accept it.

Best known of late for playing Bones McCoy in the recent JJ Abrams Star Trek movie as well as Cesar in Xena Warrior Princess and Eomer in Lord Of The Rings, as well us the upcoming Red, he certainly has the right geek-cred background. But this is the role that is likely to make him a geek god supreme.

Drokk!

I have to say I actually like this idea I think he'd make a good DREDD (If he accepts the role).

My only complaint is he doesn't have the chin.

I have to say I actually like this idea I think he'd make a good DREDD (If he accepts the role).

My only complaint is he doesn't have the chin.

I think the chin plays....oh yes...it does.

bourne_supremacy20.jpg

or course there are other options if that's the main criteria.

jay_leno___175584m.jpg

or

bruce_video.jpg

of if you want an unknown, maybe.

chin_china_ad.jpg