• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

Part of the problem is that my stuff is highly organized and out of sight. And I'm very particular with the oldest stuff. That's one reason why I'm buying the Omni's and lots of trades- to give them easy access. Still, they don't really care. They both love Waterson, though. That's something.

Yes it is. He got a tiger for Xmas a few years back.

I have piles of books sitting out. He also has a couple of longboxes of books in his room. Everything he has been going through for the last couple of weeks is my collection. It is sometimes frightening but I let him read whatever he wants. If they are in the more expensive range, he has to read them in my office.

He read ASM 129 last night. Granted it is only about a 4.5 but still.

My twelve year old tells me that Usagi is his fave book and he only has about five or so. I've told him multiple times he can have access to my entire run anytime he wants, and he still hasn't taken me up on it. :(

I did "make" him come in the cave and help me sort 6 months of new purchases, and I could tell he was having fun.

He has two books on my pull list that he is paying for with his own money so we will see how that works out. I asked him if he wanted to start his own collection or help me with mine and he said "Both."

We will see how long it lasts but I would say he is close to hooked.

Maybe you can see if your oldest is interested in any new books coming out? That is how pretty much all of us started.

Part of the problem is that my stuff is highly organized and out of sight. And I'm very particular with the oldest stuff. That's one reason why I'm buying the Omni's and lots of trades- to give them easy access. Still, they don't really care. They both love Waterson, though. That's something.

I have piles of books sitting out. He also has a couple of longboxes of books in his room. Everything he has been going through for the last couple of weeks is my collection. It is sometimes frightening but I let him read whatever he wants. If they are in the more expensive range, he has to read them in my office.

My twelve year old tells me that Usagi is his fave book and he only has about five or so. I've told him multiple times he can have access to my entire run anytime he wants, and he still hasn't taken me up on it. :(

I did "make" him come in the cave and help me sort 6 months of new purchases, and I could tell he was having fun.

He has two books on my pull list that he is paying for with his own money so we will see how that works out. I asked him if he wanted to start his own collection or help me with mine and he said "Both."

Maybe you can see if your oldest is interested in any new books coming out? That is how pretty much all of us started.

I made a similar deal with my three. I actually told them I would buy them one each a month. (First one's always free, right?)

The 12 yr old gets a Mega Man and likes it a lot. Even wants to go back and fill in some holes.

The 10 yr old gets a Sonic but appears to care not at all.

The 8 yr old girl, I need to step up my game on. I need to find her a book she will love. Thoughts?

So I am trying, and making a bit of headway.

I have no idea why some of my pics remain small while most upload larger.

You can edit them in photobucket including the size. The pic I sent you in the PM uploaded sideways and I was able to rotate it.

I have no idea why some of my pics remain small while most upload larger.

You can edit them in photobucket including the size. The pic I sent you in the PM uploaded sideways and I was able to rotate it.

K, I'll look at that. Mainly, so I can enhance Bill's shame.

I made a similar deal with my three. I actually told them I would buy them one each a month. (First one's always free, right?)

The 12 yr old gets a Mega Man and likes it a lot. Even wants to go back and fill in some holes.

The 10 yr old gets a Sonic but appears to care not at all.

The 8 yr old girl, I need to step up my game on. I need to find her a book she will love. Thoughts?

So I am trying, and making a bit of headway.

Sounds like the 12 yr old is good.

The 10 yr old is probably just like mine. Thick as a stump. Mine is just nerdier than yours at this point.

I give all the credit in the world to my other diminutive friend for this one as he came up with it last night...Amethyst. I think it will be awesome.

I give all the credit in the world to my other diminutive friend for this one as he came up with it last night...Amethyst. I think it will be awesome.

?

?

250px-Amethystprincess.jpg

Fingh.

I wanted this in the thread. This is from Park to me, in PM. His boy's name xx'd out.

I was showing XXX all the cool books on your shelves. I was naming most of them and wasn't sure what the TOS was.

"That's the first Hawkeye. Don't you remember." Kid's a nerd.

?

250px-Amethystprincess.jpg

Fingh.

I'm not familiar with that book. Regardless, I was talking about a new monthly.

I was thinking Muppet Babies or somesuch. The thing is, I need to research and see what's out there. Not sure what's currently being produced. Maybe a Boom/Disney book?

I wanted this in the thread. This is from Park to me, in PM. His boy's name xx'd out.

I was showing XXX all the cool books on your shelves. I was naming most of them and wasn't sure what the TOS was.

"That's the first Hawkeye. Don't you remember." Kid's a nerd.

He was looking at ASM books last night. He came across 212 and 213 and saw the mud monster and thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I also had him read Ultimate Spidey 66 and 67 and he was hysterical.

phonepicdump2009-2012962.jpg

:cloud9:

I would just pull up a sleeping bag and spend a week.

Some threads I read in backwards order. That's what I was doing just now on catch-up with this one when I saw Park's post quoting Ogami's. I thought 'Great God on His throne! does this man really have all that in his home?'

I was going to go check my sleeping bag at my office.

Some threads I read in backwards order. That's what I was doing just now on catch-up with this one when I saw Park's post quoting Ogami's. I thought 'Great God on His throne! does this man really have all that in his home?'

I was going to go check my sleeping bag at my office.

1. I thought I was the only one who read threads backwards. :screwy:

2. :roflmao: My brain wouldn't allow for such disharmony. That and my utter lust for books.

I also had him read Ultimate Spidey 66 and 67 and he was hysterical.

Refresh my memory.

Spidey and Wolverine switch bodies. Ridiculous, but all kinds of fun.