• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the greatest publisher ever ............ DC or Marvel?

If considering only these 2 publishers, who is the greatest publisher ever?  

501 members have voted

1. 1. If considering only these 2 publishers, who is the greatest publisher ever?

155 posts in this topic

Marvel published "The Amazing Spider-Man".

End of thread.

There would never have been a Spiderman if DC had not invented the superhero concept with Superman

And then Timely revived the superhero genre with Flash in Showcase Young Men #24 2c

:whistle:

Superman is the first and lamest super-hero of all-time, I'll give you that. :baiting:

Yuppers

DC published "Batman".

End of thread.

Then a dozen or so issues later ruined it when Robin came on the scene. What a great run yes but :eek: talk about crash and burn after that. No Penguin or assorted goof ball stuff, highly questionable panels between Bats and his "Boy Wonder" before that. The Dark Knight WAS cool and edgy. They sure must have had a lot of fancy boys working at DC back then [not that there is anything wrong with that]. DC mastered the art of a lame cover, almost as bad as the excessively bad word balloon dialogue that still makes me cringe to this day. :tonofbricks:

DC published "Batman".

End of thread.

Then a dozen or so issues later ruined it when Robin came on the scene. What a great run yes but :eek: talk about crash and burn after that. No Penguin or assorted goof ball stuff, highly questionable panels between Bats and his "Boy Wonder" before that. The Dark Knight WAS cool and edgy. They sure must have had a lot of fancy boys working at DC back then [not that there is anything wrong with that]. DC mastered the art of a lame cover, almost as bad as the excessively bad word balloon dialogue that still makes me cringe to this day. :tonofbricks:

What's wrong with The Penguin?

2163443000_594e644704_o.jpg

DC published "Batman".

End of thread.

What's wrong with The Penguin?

2163443000_594e644704_o.jpg

He's been lying, and now he'll never get to be a real boy?

DC published "Batman".

End of thread.

:applause:

FYI, I love Batman, but only in his post TDK form. SA and BA Batman was lame and GA Batman was gay. If Batman's books were as consistent as Spidey's have been, I'd be a serious Batman collector as well.

BA Batman was lame

BA Bats are my main focus at the moment. Seriously they are not lame Andrew, well, in my opinion anyway.

I like the Adams stuff of course, but haven't read much else. Maybe I'm overgeneralizing.

FYI, it's usually a good idea to speak ill of what you collect, until you're done collecting it. I'd do that with ASM if I thought it would work. :insane:

FYI, it's usually a good idea to speak ill of what you collect, until you're done collecting it. I'd do that with ASM if I thought it would work. :insane:

I'm not that clever, all tips gratefully received :acclaim:

BA Batman was lame

BA Bats are my main focus at the moment. Seriously they are not lame Andrew, well, in my opinion anyway.

BA bats = Adams covers = :cloud9:

And Aparo is one of the most under-rated comic book artists of all time :sumo: