• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There may be hope for the future of this hobby .....

14 posts in this topic

I was in our local Family Dollar store this afternoon at the checkout counter when

I noticed comic books right up there next to the register. They were Marvel 3-packs

and contained reprints of some of the more popular issues. I bought one

out of curiosity and the one I chose had an Iron Man, Spider-Man and a Hulk issue.

Besides the location of the comics I was also surprised to see that they had labeled them

as "ALL AGES". Perhaps, because of the popularity of recent Marvel movies, they are putting comics

in an area where a kid would see it and get their Mom to throw it in the basket. hm

At $2.50 for a 3-pack it could easily become an impulse buy.

I think I will go back tomorrow and pick up a few more just to help support the

idea. They were in a Marvel cardboard display box....maybe they will let me

buy that too. :whistle:

Has anyone else seen these?

Marvel-3pack.jpg

Nope, I haven't yet spotted those... what were the Iron Man and Spider-Man books, Flee? :gossip:

This is the IronMan book. I can't tell what Spider-Man issue it is without opening

up the 3-pack. There were different comics in the other 3-packs so I may report

back here tomorrow when I pick up a few more.

Marvel-3pack2.jpg

What is the total of the cover prices of the books in these packs?

Is it a substantial discount to the cover price and are they all old, old stock?

I believe he said that they were all reprints. That's what they look like, what with the now standard "black boarder" Marvel reprints shown. (shrug)

Great find and thanks for sharing.

I still think new comic fans are out there. My brother in law has 2 boys, and they freakin love Iron Man, Hulk and X-Men. I showed up one day with about 60 90s copies of those three titles. I think the pages are about to turn to dust now they have torn through them so many times.

Finally got out and checked back on these 3-packs. There are 5 Family Dollar

stores within 10 miles of me. It appears they each got in one box of 25 3-packs.

There are only 2 versions available. The one I posted previously and this one.

Marvel-3pack-other.jpg

Marvel-3pack-other2.jpg

Once again it looks like a Spider-Man comic in the middle. I guess if there is

enough interest I can open one up and see how much the reprints differ from the

originals.