• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Green Lantern #6

12 posts in this topic

Hi All,

First time posting. Before I submit this comic to CGC, I would like to get an estimated grade by some of the forum pro's (collectively you guys hit pretty darn close). I have included only the front cover, so please take it for what you see. Sorry for the fact that it's still bagged, but I figure the less I touch it, the better.

Also, since I have never submitted a Silver Age comic to CGC, what tier would you submit this in?

I have also attached a higher res link.

Thanks so much!

hi-res picture

86307.jpg.45a2a47256a0495b223a9725e3071058.jpg

Welcome to the boards.

Despite the high res. scan I'm having trouble grading it. I can see a bindery bottom left corner and some small yellow stains along the bottom. I'm gonna go with 8.0. It would help if you scanned the book out of it's bag, scans are never as nice in bags and a back cover scan is just as important as a front cover.

Hey, looks very nice, but it's tough to grade in a bag. I really doubt you're gonna affect the grade if you take it out for a minute. And if you have a scanner, that'll help too.

As is ... maybe 8.5 or thereabouts? Is that moisture or something on the bottom?

Great looking book, but tough to grade without seeing more. Definitely looks like a little foxing. Looks like a good candidate for 8.0 or higher.

+1 Scan it out of the bag. Back cover too. Go to Menards of Home Depot and buy some disposable plastic gloves in the paint department. The stretchy ones like the doc uses. I handle all my books with them. It makes them really easy to look at and takes the worry out of leaving smudges and fingerprints. Ive made it a habit handling books. Just my 2c

DRX

Thank you all for your input. I appreciate your advice on proper scanning and handling. I will do so for my next grading request.

So for a comic similar to this, would you submit it in the "Economy" tier? Do you generally submit it assuming it is a lower grade than expected?

How about if you have a comic that you think is around a 9.4 and worth, GPA average $300, but could be a 9.6 and worth, say $500. How would you go about submitting this scenario? Economy or Standard?

Thanks for all the help. I'm a noob to CGC submissions. I actually submitted once and spent $700 on CGC and realized I could have only spent $500 based on actual returned grades. Live and learn doh!