• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your FIRST ever CGC?

49 posts in this topic

My cherry was popped when I subbed a Hulk 181 that came back 9.2 with white pages. I don't think I have the scan anymore, or I might on my older PC at home.

I sold it on the boards less than a week after getting back.

The biggest mistake I made was not knowing what GPA was at the time and I sold it for full guide which was a good deal for my buyer.

My cherry was popped when I subbed a Hulk 181 that came back 9.2 with white pages. I don't think I have the scan anymore, or I might on my older PC at home.

The biggest mistake I made was not knowing what GPA was at the time and I sold it for full guide which was a good deal for my buyer.

I'll take that deal if you run across another copy.

Love,

Dice

I'll take that deal if you run across another copy.

Love,

Dice

Shoot, who wouldn't!

I did fine on the book though so I can't be disappointed. It also happened to be my first sale on the boards too! ;)

Some of these cgc's are great!!

In my earlier post, I said:

I'm really happy guys, I cracked my FIRST slab open when I got it (months ago), to get it framed (was a crazy thing to do, thinking back - but I didn't understand what CGC 'really' was then).

BUT... I just dug up the empty casing from under my bed when I made this post to check the grade because I had forgot what it was, and there it was... A stinking green label!

I know it's legit, because the seller I bought it from has sold me a lot of things since then, and is a great guy, but now I don't feel so guilty for having opened my first CGC...

I will post the picture of it framed tomorrow - It looks really great!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well... Here are some pictures (not the best of pictures, and excuse the flash). I think it looks really nice.

greenlabel.jpg

frankmiller.jpg

I'm pretty sure this HOS 14 was my first submission, and one of a handful of slabs I still have. First back issue bought on my first trip to San Diego. :cloud9: Cool cover must-have. :D

For years it was the lone graded, and then highest graded of 2 or 3. No idea what the census is now for HOS 14, or what its worth for that matter.

HoSecrets14-1.jpg

Just checked up out of curiosity :P and...

You have the highest on census bro! :)

I love the cover too, I just love alien related covers in general.

Still? :o Wow. :applause:

Hey, thanks for the info! I really appreciate it and it made my day. :grin::hi:

Hey kids, tiny aliens will :censored: you up!! Story inside. :insane:

Konga 19 CGC 9.4.

I had just gotten back into collection after a few years break. I recall recycling about 7 long boxes of 90s a few years earlier. I had to move in a rush, and it was 90s drek, seemed like the right call at that time. I kept four short boxes of books I still cared about.