• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've Wasted At Least 7 People's Time - Woo Hoo!

Would US boardies pay for deals in Sterling?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Would US boardies pay for deals in Sterling?

77 posts in this topic

Unless I send money via Personal Money Owed, Paypal always dings the receiver a fee and it's not from conversion (dollar to dollar), it's 2.5%% plus 30 cents I believe, it's not the same for you in the U.K.?

Plus, currency conversion with Paypal is always on the low side so they can make an even higher profit.

I'm confused how you figure you're losing 5% through the exchange. If I understood your logic here then I may be able to offer better advice.

I sell a book for $180 including shipping. I receive $172 due to the conversion of the currency.

EDIT: This is actually showing up different from last night doh!

Screen.JPG

Are you referring to the $7 fee? That is not due to conversion.

Unless I send money via Personal Money Owed, Paypal always dings the receiver a fee and it's not from conversion (dollar to dollar), it's 2.5%% plus 30 cents I believe, it's not the same for you in the U.K.?

Another ^^

I'm confused how you figure you're losing 5% through the exchange. If I understood your logic here then I may be able to offer better advice.

I sell a book for $180 including shipping. I receive $172 due to the conversion of the currency.

Screen.JPG

I know what the $7 fee is. Note the edit. Last night when I received my payment there was a $7 fee in the conversion box also. I just noticed the difference and edited.

And I've sent numerous packages around the world with no problems (shrug)

Did they get back to you undamaged?

Also, did it take less than 80 days?

Perhaps you need to do some research at a little place I like to call the Post Office.

Perhaps you should do some research at a little place I like to call the Library.

Jules_Verne_Around_the_World_in_Eighty_Days_compact_discs.jpg

:o

(worship)

I stand corrected. I should know better from a fellow Canadian.

I do have my prices in sterling on my site, which has led to a fair amount of enquiries about this over the years.

However if I'm selling on the board, in order to expedite matters, I always list the price in $, with shipping nearly always included. It just saves time, and keeps things simple. And although I accept CCs for these transactions, as yet all purchases have been via Paypal.

We had prices in sterling on our site when it was up and running, and funnily enough every sale was from abroad.

If I list on here though I always list in dollars as it's easy for people to check against GPA. I just bend over and take it on the conversion rate meh

simple, don't convert...leave it in paypal as US funds until you need it....im sure you buy more than you sell anyway...or open a US account and pay the funds directly into there if you really need, then and do a wire transfer....i think they charge $20 for a transfer to a British account...can't remember which bank will let brits/ canadians open an account, but theres is one out of Chicago...if your really interested ill track it down for you

It seems the fee that appeared in the transaction details is no longer there. When I initially received the payment last night there was a $7 fee in the Currency Conversion box. I never checked my balance either as I paid some of it out not long after.

Maybe it was a glitch? I'm stumped. paying in $ is fine people. I'm a and this thread is a complete waste of time.

I won't sell over seas. I've had far too many incidents with people either taking too long to pay or then paying and claiming they didn't get their product.

If I didn't sell overseas and Canada, I would be losing out on 80% of my sales :sorry:

Screen.JPG

I know what the $7 fee is. Note the edit. Last night when I received my payment there was a $7 fee in the conversion box also. I just noticed the difference and edited.

Were you Boozading it up last night? Cause your :screwy:.....Kidding. Paypal is doing weird stuff lately. I think they do it to confuse us and hopefully get away with something.....

I do have my prices in sterling on my site, which has led to a fair amount of enquiries about this over the years.

However if I'm selling on the board, in order to expedite matters, I always list the price in $, with shipping nearly always included. It just saves time, and keeps things simple. And although I accept CCs for these transactions, as yet all purchases have been via Paypal.

We had prices in sterling on our site when it was up and running, and funnily enough every sale was from abroad.

If I list on here though I always list in dollars as it's easy for people to check against GPA. I just bend over and take it on the conversion rate meh

simple, don't convert...leave it in paypal as US funds until you need it....im sure you buy more than you sell anyway...or open a US account and pay the funds directly into there if you really need, then and do a wire transfer....i think they charge $20 for a transfer to a British account...can't remember which bank will let brits/ canadians open an account, but theres is one out of Chicago...if your really interested ill track it down for you

er, thinking about it...thats if it still exsists!!!

It seems the fee that appeared in the transaction details is no longer there. When I initially received the payment last night there was a $7 fee in the Currency Conversion box. I never checked my balance either as I paid some of it out not long after.

Maybe it was a glitch? I'm stumped. paying in $ is fine people. I'm a and this thread is a complete waste of time.

Glitch or not I liked the thread :banana:

I need a beer.

I need a beer.

Make sure you get an English pint, so you don't get less drunk on the conversion.

I need a beer.

I'll drink to that! Oh wait, it's only 7:30 am here...... :eek:

I need a beer.

Make sure you get an English pint, so you don't get less drunk on the conversion.

I asked for a pint in Michigan and got the strangest look ever. Mind you I asked for a pack of 20 as well and got an even stranger look :screwy:

I need a beer.

I asked for a pint in Michigan and got the strangest look ever. Mind you I asked for a pack of 20 as well and got an even stranger look :screwy:

wait till you ask where you can 'smoke a '...i nearly got lynched!!!