• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Fall/Winter Comic Book Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To?

19 posts in this topic

Hands down, Sherlock Holmes.

I'll watch ANY SH movie, but add in a coke addicted Robert Downey Jr. and an uptight Jude Law and a vavavoom Rachel McAdams, and I think this movie makes bank plus bank. I bet they are planning the sequals already.

How about you?

How is Sherlock Holmes a comic book movie?

Originally serialised in a newspaper, complete with illustrations and captions, now made into a movie, (not counting all the comic book iterations along the way). :makepoint:

Sherlock Holmes will be big blockbuster hit, now if only they will make a modern reboot of Tarzan and Lone Ranger. these are great characters that just need a little tweaking for the modern audience.

Both of those are in the works. (thumbs u

Originally serialised in a newspaper, complete with illustrations and captions, now made into a movie, (not counting all the comic book iterations along the way). :makepoint:

That criteria is so loose that in using it, one could start including films based on any illustrated children's story that was ever turned into a comic book as a comic-book movie.

meh

Honestly, most comic movies these days just make me go meh

Last one I saw was 300. Have zero desire to see any of the mainstream superhero movies. Hellboy movies I'll go and see.

If you really enjoy movies, you are cheating yourself if you don't see Dark Knight and Iron Man. Both are very good movies, not just very good comic movies.

Giant rack.