• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT Constuctive advice welcome.

44 posts in this topic

Hey all, just finished putting together a website (first time!!!) and would like user advice...easy to navigate???...got the right feel (ranch/ cowboy/ wilderness theme)???...anything need changing??? etc.....

appriciate it.....

www.mountainpetranch.com

PS this is not an advert in anyway whatsoever. i don't even think any of you are remotly close enough to use the services..... hm and with that in mind, boozad can have free grooming!!!

Very nice looking however, I would get rid of the navigational buttons makes the site look dated and too templated. I would use text links (or images of text based words) right where you placed the time and date on the home page. Only other comment would be to see what is happening at the end of each page. There is a whole lot of scrolling without any content.

Well that's my 2¢ but it does look nice and clean. Easy to figure out how to navigate.

Date: 9/23/2009

Username: xxxxxx

Source IP: xxxxx

Reason: This Websense category is filtered: Potentially Damaging Content.

URL: http://www.mountainpetranch.com/

eh....don't get computer speak...plain english buddy!

When I tried to access your site, my organization's access filtering software (Websense) deemed your site as "Potentially Damaging Content" and restricted my access. This does not happen very often to me.

When I tried to access your site, my organization's access filtering software (Websense) deemed your site as "Potentially Damaging Content" and restricted my access. This does not happen very often to me.

Must've been the naked animals.

In replacing the navigational buttons, try to get some graphically inclined person to design new ones for you :3 It would take away the template feel :3

Also, this image: http://www.mountainpetranch.com/sitebuilder/images/DSC00008-270x193.jpg displays in a strange position on my page. I'm running Mozilla Firefox on Windows Vista, FYI. All the other images are slated in positions that align with an edge, and have space between images. That one is in a different spot and overlaps another picture, which makes it look like it's not supposed to be that way.

Rather than having just "Home" on the title of the page (before 'body' in the HTML text, there should be a spot for 'title') you maybe want to put "Mountain Pet Ranch - Home" or something. It keeps the page identified for users who use multiple windows or tabs.

The titles on all the pages seem to be different sizes/alignments. You'll want to make them all the same.

Overall, very well done! I love the pictures, very sweet :D

In your FAQs you have "Is it to cold to have my dog groomed?" It should read "Is it too..."

Also you forgot to include this picture:

dog.jpg

Otherwise, looks good!

ha ha...seriously, do you mind if i use that picture?

I think that's public domain....right Mica? :whistle:

??? is it something im doing wrong???

No clue. I can't get there to check it out.

The website access filtering software is set to not allow me to get to personals sites, sex sites, gambling sites, etc. I don't know what is on your site that the filtering software objects to.

Must've been the naked animals.

OK, i though this was one thread that nobody would be able to take to a 'wierd' place....guess i was wrong!!! :o

In your "About Us" page you do a lot of talking about "I", not "Us". You should probably rewrite this section to be more of a description of what you do instead of what you would like to do. That first sentence is a run-on.

"I'm a qualified, professional dog groomer and have

been working as a groomer for the past few years and

I've worked for a number of the bigger pet shop

chains.

I want to offer a personal, caring, cage free, stress

free service from my home. I will not cage your dog. I

have a dedicated room just for grooming dogs, with

equipment which far exceeds the standard of

equipment used by most stores.

I offer a high standard of groom for a very competitive

price and look forward to seeing you and your loved

pet soon."

The title of your Doggie Daycare, Your Dog, Online Store and FAQ pages all come up as "Page Title". Need to fix that in the HTML.

There are several grammar error. It might be best if you get someone to proof read it a couple of times.

No clue. I can't get there to check it out.

The website access filtering software is set to not allow me to get to personals sites, sex sites, gambling sites, etc. I don't know what is on your site that the filtering software objects to.

anyone else any access problems???

In your "About Us" page you do a lot of talking about "I", not "Us". You should probably rewrite this section to be more of a description of what you do instead of what you would like to do. That first sentence is a run-on.

"I'm a qualified, professional dog groomer and have

been working as a groomer for the past few years and

I've worked for a number of the bigger pet shop

chains.

I want to offer a personal, caring, cage free, stress

free service from my home. I will not cage your dog. I

have a dedicated room just for grooming dogs, with

equipment which far exceeds the standard of

equipment used by most stores.

I offer a high standard of groom for a very competitive

price and look forward to seeing you and your loved

pet soon."