• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any comic shops/boardies near Naples, FL???

20 posts in this topic

Im leaving for Naples tomorrow on vacation and wondered if there are any decent shops with back issues within a 30 min surrounding area. I checked Masterlist, but didnt have much luck and its not 100% reliable anyhow... (shrug) . Speak up if ya know! :grin:

The last time I was there (think Death Of Superman) I found one just off Hwy 41.

Not much in Naples for guys our age unless your loaded or retired.

Let me take that back, they did have a Ferrari dealer in town at the time.

:cloud9:

It's not (or at least it wasn't 10 years ago) much of a tourist town but it is a gorgeous town if you like a quiet place to relax with lots of great places to feast.

The beaches also always seem to have nicer weather than the surrounding area.

(thumbs u

While you're there, go to Sanibel and Marco Island. Now those are awesome beaches.

When I lived in Ft. Myers (way too many years ago) there was nothing in the area...in fact the only thing in Sarasota was the Ringling Bros. museum.

While you're there, go to Sanibel and Marco Island. Now those are awesome beaches.

When I lived in Ft. Myers (way too many years ago) there was nothing in the area...in fact the only thing in Sarasota was the Ringling Bros. museum.

I grew up summering on Sanibel... :cloud9:

hm

Im leaving for Naples tomorrow on vacation and wondered if there are any decent shops with back issues within a 30 min surrounding area. I checked Masterlist, but didnt have much luck and its not 100% reliable anyhow... (shrug) . Speak up if ya know! :grin:

You're going to stink up the State, aren't you.

hm

:makepoint:

You know it :sick::cool:

Goin down with Erica and the baby, so I wont have much time to do alot of "damage" lol

You know it :sick::cool:

Goin down with Erica and the baby, so I wont have much time to do alot of "damage" lol

Have fun.

That's impossible. You've lived there long enough to lose your sense of smell.

I'm from Fort Myers and I must say that there isn't a good comic shop in that area. Fort Myers, Naples, Leigh Acres, Cape Coral all have sorry excuses for comic shops. Your better off taking the 2 hour drive to either Tampa or Miami/Fort Lauderdale.

Hi...I live in Naples..and there are NO comic shops here anymore... :cry:

There was one called "Fat Cats" or something like this...but they did not have any "quality" books in my opinion. They are now a paperback novel and games...type of bookstore.

Sorry, I'm not sure about Ft. Myers...but i don't think there are any there either. (shrug)

Anyway...I hope you have a great vacation... :headbang:

Fort Myers still has two shops. I guys uses the prices out of wizard for comics and toyfare for action figues. He also charges cover price on 90's drek, unless it is highly looked for book (i.e Spawn #1). :pullhair: and the other owner doesn't have anything remotely key or semi-key. He has back issues, but I wouldn't go unless you are trying to finish a run. He may or may not have anything for you.

Now there is a third guy that has a mail order service in Fort Myers. I have never used it. However his info is in the overstreet. I would give you the info, but I can't find my Overstreet.

(This is the one that you may be able to fill back issues on)

COMICS CARDS AND STUFF 3453-3 FOWLER STREET

FORT MYERS, FL

(239) 939-0878

8 miles*

Shop Profile

Driving Directions

(This is the one that you get charged cover price and 90's drek)

RECORD TRADER

3091 CLEVELAND AVE

FT. MYERS, FL

(239) 337-4330

8 miles*

Shop Profile

Driving Directions

(This one is NEW. I was home April '08 when I got married and this shop wasn't on comic shop locator)

COOL COMICS AND GAMES

231 DEL PRADO BLVD S. #3

CAPE CORAL, FL

(239) 573-7468

I hope that this helps you.

http://www.comicshoplocator.com/default.asp

Thanks for the info...on the Ft. Myers area comic shops!!!!! (thumbs u

By the way the guy who you were trying to think of only does mail-order..His name is Samuel Frazer from Ft. Myers. I have spoken with Samuel on several occasions, and he does have a few nice books. He personal likes are Golden Age DC comics, and he does purchase these, but also has other GA as well. I have one of his catalogs. He has been in the business many years, and is an elderly gentleman around 70 yrs. young.

His e-mail is; sfrazer457@aol.com and his website is; www.thefunnycomics.com

Hope that helps some of the Board members interested. :cool: