• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, etc. actor-dependent?

73 posts in this topic

There's something just too Disney about Tobey M for Spiderman. I've often said the perfect Peter Parker would have been a young Ed Norton. The young redheaded vampire in True Blood would be a great MJ (and not simply because she's a red). That Ermey (Full Metal Jacket's drill Sgt.) would be a great JJJ, although the current guy is fine.

I forget who suggested Ben Affleck for Supes, and while any mention of him makes me cringe, if he were really directed well I think he'd be a great choice.

I think Toby M was excellent peter parker/ spider-man

Downey was great as Stark / IM

Jackman was great as wolverine / Logan

I don't care about physical parameters like 5'3" vs 6'4" on screen Jackman's height isn't an issue.

Are they replaceable? absolutely. Some other actor out there could do these roles.

I don't care about physical parameters like 5'3" vs 6'4" on screen Jackman's height isn't an issue..

Well, then why go with Tobey McG for S-M and not just go with a bigger name, who cares if he's taller and more muscular?

Why bother dyeing Jessica Alba's hair blonde for Sue Storm?

Hell, Superman might as well be a midget from Khazakstan, as long as he can act the part, right?

MEGAN FOX IS CAPTAIN AMERICA!!!

meh

-slym

Ray Park would have done well. I'm a big fan of everything he's ever done...he was great in Sleepy Hollow doing the Headless Horseman's swordwork and stunts, and he saved The Phantom Menace from being complete drek by making Darth Maul the baddest villain in all of Star Wars. :cloud9:

My ideal Wolverine would have been Sonny Landham, although he's too old at this point. He always had this insane look about him that reminded me of Wolverine's berserker qualities, and he had a good look for him as well. He played the Native American soldier guy in the first "Predator" movie:

billy-predator-knife-cut_1203469447.jpg

Woah! Just looking back, and didn't even realize you posted this before I posted...

I always thought that the guy,billy, from predator epitomized my view of logan (including his senses).

I kept thinking that is Logan.. the entire time I watched him in predator.

He was the epitome of a Logan to me. (thumbs u

He was the guy tracking the missing soldiers and later the Predator, so the comparison to Wolverine and his tracking senses was a natural one to make while watching that film. Coupled with the guy's wild eyes and bold attitude, displayed in the picture above where he's cutting himself before he faces the Predator, he just seemed like the most perfect Logan I had ever seen.

Ray Park would have done well. I'm a big fan of everything he's ever done...he was great in Sleepy Hollow doing the Headless Horseman's swordwork and stunts, and he saved The Phantom Menace from being complete drek by making Darth Maul the baddest villain in all of Star Wars. :cloud9:

My ideal Wolverine would have been Sonny Landham, although he's too old at this point. He always had this insane look about him that reminded me of Wolverine's berserker qualities, and he had a good look for him as well. He played the Native American soldier guy in the first "Predator" movie:

billy-predator-knife-cut_1203469447.jpg

Woah! Just looking back, and didn't even realize you posted this before I posted...

I always thought that the guy,billy, from predator epitomized my view of logan (including his senses).

Sadly, he can be Logan no more...

sonny_seated_sm.jpg

He is 68 and in his own words, " "I think I'm having wild action when I take two aspirin with my hot chocolate at night."

I honestly think Wolverine should be played by someone else. Jackman was fine in the first two X-Men films, but after that I think he lost it.

Wolverine was never supposed to be 6 feet tall and built like a Superhero.

Hugh Jackman did a good job but it was not true to the character. Not by a long shot.

Danzig should have played him.

danzig.jpg

The look is there for sure!

Supposedly he was going to play Wolverine in some X-Men movie that never happened. Danzig is a huge comic nerd. Also, I saw him in 2007. He fell off the stage and dislocated his shoulder.

He sure had the right look & build at one time BL. But I've spoken with him for the past few years at SDCC & he's had to stop lifting weights, is over 55, and has lost more hair than Tupenny himself.

No really? I couldn't figure that out for myself when I saw his flabby self walk across stage in 2007 during his show.

Brandon Roth as Superman was not entirely his fault. That dude is actually a pretty entertaining actor in the right role (see Zack and Miri), but Superman was not a role that he should've been burdened with, however short of Ben Affleck I can't think of a single person who I think could've pulled off Superman adequately.

Morgan Freeman.

Better yet,

The 1980s Arnie.

Ben Affleck is a great actor. 1980s Arnie is good for Darkman.

My sarcasm doesn't communicate well over the internet.