• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Buscema Exhibit - Palma de Mallorca - September 16 / November 8, 2009

119 posts in this topic

Hello all,

A nightmare of work but the expo is on, over 200 pages of original art by John Buscema including some of his best art from the 50's to the 80's

Here are some pictures, hope you will enjoy them:

SP1000383.jpg

Held is the Museum of Palma the Mallorca, Spain, a beautifully place charged with history.

SP1000384.jpg

The Banner.

SP1000408.jpg

The family was invited, Dolores, Diane & Stephanie, I'm there too with Florentino.

Dolores holds the 5 pounds catalog.

SP1000408bis.jpg

1: Stephanie Buscema

2: Joan Roig (co-director)

3: Frederic Manzano (Paris_Fred)

4: Florentino Florez (director of the exhibit)

5: Dolores Buscema

6: Diane Buscema

7: Rob Harringan (Stephanie's husband)

8: Pau (Spanish Artist)

SP1000423.jpg

The Opening, don't ask me who is the brunette in the white shirt !

SP1000421.jpg

The Opening 2

SP1000410.jpg

The Opening: Inside the expo.

SP1000411.jpg

SP1000413.jpg

SP1000414.jpg

SP1000418.jpg

Before the Opening, during the work process:

SP1000376.jpg

The 1st room.

SP1000371.jpg

A group of 4 Avengers covers; Only that !!!!

SP1000389.jpg

2 Surfer covers !!!

SP1000373.jpg

You said FF 116 !!!

SP1000399.jpg

Some Conan covers...

SP1000402.jpg

Some more Conan covers...

SP1000401.jpg

Sketches...

SP1000405.jpg

The last room.

Enjoy again.

Fred

Wow! These are wonderful pictures. Makes me want to be there. It was great that so many American collectors lent their art (Dave Mandel, Albert Moy, etc) to a show so far away. It's a little nerve wracking to lend art (I know, I've done it), but it offers a rare opportunity for the world to see some of the best by the best.

Any more pictures? Can't get enough.

Thanks Fred!

Scott Williams

Hi Scott,

Second part of the picks are "work in process"

First sept is the tape on the frames with the code number for the infos, second step is putting the right card on the top referring to the tape info (first step) Third step after verification is to glue the card on the wall.

Scott I know you have great Buscema (avengers/ vision crying splash...) art but on this exhibit I was too rush to try to convince everybody to lend me art even if we know each other for years.

All the best

Fred

Hi Scott,

Second part of the picks are "work in process"

First sept is the tape on the frames with the code number for the infos, second step is putting the right card on the top referring to the tape info (first step) Third step after verification is to glue the card on the wall.

Scott I know you have great Buscema (avengers/ vision crying splash...) art but on this exhibit I was too rush to try to convince everybody to lend me art even if we know each other for years.

All the best

Fred

Thanks for the info Fred. I figured that the cards/tape thing was a work in progress thing, but thanks for confirming.

Don't worry about not asking about my Avengers art--you are EXTREMELY well represented at the show with Avengers art. Even if you felt you had to rush to put this show together, it looks like a great cross section of JB's career is well represented. You should be proud. I'm sure JB would have been too.

Scott Williams

Any special reason that Mallorca was chosen for the location? (shrug)

Hi Gene,

Well the choice is simple, find a National museum willing to exhibit a comic book artist and that will pay to make an oversize 5 pound 320 page catalog.

The answer will be No in the USA. Sorry.

Than Palma is a main city in Spain, if you read the Hornblower series by Forester the city will be mentioned often. It's an very old large city where all the Europeans and American goes and not only for vacations. They have great Museums and like US comic books like a lot of Europeans.

Fred