• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Buscema Exhibit - Palma de Mallorca - September 16 / November 8, 2009

119 posts in this topic

I just received my book yesterday, after about a twp month wait so it does take some time.

It is absolutely beautiful and I'd like to thank everyone here because if not for this thread I would have never have known about this.

Well worth it.

Glad to help!

It's only a speculation since I don't know first hand, but it looks like the books are sent via surface according to the low cost of the shipping rates. Only for this, the package should take 4-6 weeks to arrive to USA. Then, add the time for handling and shiping and answering mails...

Well, since I have gotten no response over the last few month about the John Buscema Exhibit - Palma de Mallorca Catalog I ordered. I think this might be my only recourse. I have emailed joan at espainorma@gmail.com a few times but have gotten no response. I ordered the book back in jan, ya I know its a long time back but I figured it would take 6 weeks then got busy and forgot about it.

Can Joan contact me about my order?

Wow, Brian, this delay and lame costumer service is inexcusable. I just wrote him and I hope this time it gets solved.

The worst part is that this autumn there'll be another exhibit at Palma, this time with Wally Wood pieces, and it looks like it'll be an unique exhibition. I'll try to find another route for you to get catalogs, because it's clear that this comic shop can't handle this kind of international distribution...

Yep, the Wallace Wood exhibit will start September 16 and will end November the 7th.

Over 200 pieces of Original art.

I will be the director of the exhibit with Florentino Florez.

For the Catalog better wait for Bud Plant or to deal with me.

All the best

Fred

Thanks for the update, Fred!

And it's great news that there'll be another route for international distribution. Please, keep us updated on this when it's firm...

BTW, is there a posibility to bring to Palma the Kirby exhibition from Lucerno?

A little revival of this topic.

A lot of you had troubles or over-paid to get a copy of this wonderful book.

Yesterday, I finally finished re-mastering this 328 pages catalog: New cover, New scans & New design. 328 pages Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) dedicated to Big John Buscema. Probably and of course arguably the best book done about John's carrier from 1948 to 2003.

You can order it from your local Comic Book Store from this month (March) Previews.

The definitive cover:

BJB-Cover.jpg

Now I can sleep a little!

Fred

Thank you so much for posting pictures from the exhibit. I have been a life long fan of John Buscema's art, now a modest collector myself, and it is wonderful to see his work in this beautiful venue. Congratulations on such a great show.

Cheers,

Robert