• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

The sad thing about SA DC, in my opinion, is the fact that so many of the keys had lame or mediocre covers.

To me, the Big 5 SA DC Keys are Showcase 4, B&B 28, Showcase 22, Adventure 247 and Flash 105. I like Showcase 4 because it's cool in kind of a hokey way, but the only cover among those 5 that is genuinely cool is Showcase 22. Some people like Flash 105, others not so much.

Of the other SA DC major keys, B&B 34 is the only one that I would rank as a truly great cover. A lot of people like Showcase 34, but I'm not a huge fan. Flash 123 is cool.

JLA 1? Bunch of heroes sitting around a table. GL 1? Big puppet, 'nuff said.

The sad thing about SA DC, in my opinion, is the fact that so many of the keys had lame or mediocre covers.

To me, the Big 5 SA DC Keys are Showcase 4, B&B 28, Showcase 22, Adventure 247 and Flash 105. I like Showcase 4 because it's cool in kind of a hokey way, but the only cover among those 5 that is genuinely cool is Showcase 22. Some people like Flash 105, others not so much.

Of the other SA DC major keys, B&B 34 is the only one that I would rank as a truly great cover. A lot of people like Showcase 34, but I'm not a huge fan. Flash 123 is cool.

I agree that B&B 34 is by far the best looking cover of any DC key. However, I like the cover of B&B 28 as a close 2nd to #34. Great cover but a lame storyline. They tried too hard to get all the JLA members involved and given equal time. I remember reading it as a kid and thinking the story was lame but I loved the concept of the superhero team.

I agree that B&B 34 is by far the best looking cover of any DC key. However, I like the cover of B&B 28 as a close 2nd to #34. Great cover but a lame storyline. They tried too hard to get all the JLA members involved and given equal time. I remember reading it as a kid and thinking the story was lame but I loved the concept of the superhero team.

So you really think that Brave and the Bold #34 cover is a better image than the #28 cover. I agree with you thats its more dynamic, but from a composition standpoint, the monster is bad, real bad.

I agree - the useless bat-wings on it's head and tiny legs that probably would not hold the giant head of that, whatever the heck creature Kubert drew.

The worst cover Kubert drew IMHO :P I'm sure I'll take some heat from the Kubert fans for this opinion.

What I like about Brave & Bold #28 is the way each character is drawn. Like a mini action-portrait of each character.

The detail is pretty astounding. It looks like the master Murphy Anderson's hand in most of it,

save Green Lantern who looks more like Sekowski took the lead on.

But I have to agree with those who said that GL #1 has a pretty lame cover. It is :sick:

JLA #1 is pretty boring too. But the JLA B&Bs and GL Showcases are tops in my book (thumbs u

And another one hit the market today - this one with a stamp of some kind on the cover.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?id=868062

:news: SOLD!

/quote]

me, thats a British copy :golfclap: . All DC comics that came to the UK at that time had the price stamped onto the cover somewhere, Marvel comics opted to change the price plate.

BB28 didn't go anywhere from 2006-2009, movie...what movie, no need for a movie. I guess the market is realizing this book is undervalue compare to Marvels.

It's a combination of things but mostly it's probably the fact that if a Showcase #22 will sell for those prices then a collector might think why not B+B #28?