• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

What's the market like on this book, i.e. % of guide? Found one or two copies that might be within my budget range but not sure how solid a deal they are as I'm still new to SA DC books of the non-Batman variety.
unlike SC 22 back in 2008 when i was able to quietly accumulate double digit quanties, the most BB 28's I had this year was 5, and all 5 have sold and sold quickly...

not really sure what guide is, but here are my sales

7.5...5K I believe

all within the last few months

last year I sold a 5.0 at $1250

hm Well, the 3.0 is actually going to be slightly over guide... if you don't factor in slabbing costs--which means it's pretty much a guide book. On the other hand, it does appear to move up a little bit in mid-grade--7.5 being just under the normal price for a 8.0 but your 6.0 admittedly sold for almost double guide.

The 7.5 for $5K was a steal and a 8.0 recently sold for $10K. The market now wants 1 1/2 guide on 2.0-5.0 and no bite yet....time will tell.
the 7.5 went to a friend at a "friendly" price... the 6.0 was pressable. hence the stronger asking price

The 7.5 for $5K was a steal and a 8.0 recently sold for $10K. The market now wants 1 1/2 guide on 2.0-5.0 and no bite yet....time will tell.
the 7.5 went to a friend at a "friendly" price... the 6.0 was pressable. hence the stronger asking price

I would love that 7.5 for $5K :foryou:

Wants v. Gets ... Always interesting to see who wins out :)

Good luck on your search and you "get" the price you want. :wishluck:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Wow, those are impressive numbers Rick :o

And it seems to be very hard to find copies of B&B #28 for sale above 3.0 - 4.5.

Mine should be graded tomorrow.

:wishluck:

I'm a little surprised that the book graded a CGC 4.0.

I thought 5.0+

Oh well....

It has to be that long and winding crease on the front cover. I suspect CGC treated it like a subscription crease. I never saw a graded book with a subscription crease

but I presume it would be treated harshly.

As a dealer, you may be better off selling it raw. I suspect the same logic was used when making it available to you raw. Did you at least get the OW-W page quality ?

I believe it came back ow pages.

Sub crease books generally will grade as high as 5.0-6.0 range in my experience.

I bought it for a decent price but was still surprised at the grade.

They seem to have tightened up a little lately, as I was off on most of my estimates, where I usually bat about 60-70%.

They seem to have tightened up a little lately, as I was off on most of my estimates, where I usually bat about 60-70%.

They probably read the recent Board postings complaining about the soft grading lately, seriously. I think you know the posts I am refering to as I believe you responded. I cringed when I saw those posts. What were they expecting to accomplish ? The OP got some good grades and complained, ridiculous.

They probably read the recent Board postings complaining about the soft grading lately, seriously. I think you know the posts I am refering to as I believe you responded. I cringed when I saw those posts. What were they expecting to accomplish ? The OP got some good grades and complained, ridiculous.

My thought's exactly.

I don't think that they were loose, I think they were right where they should have been but I guess it does change from time to time.

Very interesting and funny. The 8.0 with the stain on it that nobody wanted is now a 9.0.

That has to be distributor spray ?!? No way the book gets a 9.0 if that's a stain.

Either way it does not have any eye appeal, combined with Cream/OW pages

this is not a desirable book.