• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books worth more to you than the GPA!

27 posts in this topic

So I was looking through my books and I have a lot that I realize I place way more value on than the GPA would peg them to be worth. In some cases (like the example below) the value on the market is probably almost zero but it is a book that I remember loving as a kid and always wanted a perfect copy. I have the old beater I bought when I was young but this one sits on my shelf. Anyone else have books like this?

scan0001.jpg

So I was looking through my books and I have a lot that I realize I place way more value on than the GPA would peg them to be worth. In some cases (like the example below) the value on the market is probably almost zero but it is a book that I remember loving as a kid and always wanted a perfect copy. I have the old beater I bought when I was young but this one sits on my shelf. Anyone else have books like this?

scan0001.jpg

No PQ !?!

scan0001.jpg

No PQ !?!

I am not sure they thought the book was even worth assessing PQ! :grin:

alot or books are worth more then GPA to me...

if i think its a fair price and its a book i really want i'll just go for it

I realize that everyone has many books that are worth more to them than they money they could get for it or they would have sold it already. I was looking more along the lines of books that might be little (or close to it) that you have an affinity for. Hence my example of Speedball and my goal of having the entire ten-issue run in CGC 9.8.

In some cases the value on the market is probably almost zero, but it is a book that I remember loving as a kid and always wanted a perfect copy.

This describes virtually my entire collection... :cloud9:

I really don't even have any "key" books, I prefer to root for dreky-underdogs. :grin:

:takeit:

The books i would like slabbed are:

Marvel Two In One 21 - first book i remember reading

Power Man 23 - first book i remember buying

ASM 230 - fave cover (of all maybe)

Certainly the first two are worth more to me than any GPA or guide would ever place on them - but to me :cloud9: