• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone here going to pick up HAUNT#1 ?

73 posts in this topic

So this new series by McFarlame & Kirkman is out this week & I wanted to know if you guys think this series is going to be worth picking up? I'm tempted to buy it because of Kirkman's involvment, (love his work) but put off by McFarlane's work on it. So I'm slightly conflicted. How about you?

I just looked it up. This looks sooo retarded, I don't know what to say. I am a huge Kirkman fan but I will have to wait for a lot of positive reviews before taking time to go to the store to buy it.

I preorded 100 copies a month or so ago.

:o really?

yup...i got all the variants with that 1:10,1:25,1:50 and 1:100. It is a pretty good deal that way.

:doh: I didn't think about that. Does your LCS let you have variants at cover if you buy enough to meet the ratio? Anyway I could just buy a regular copy from you and have you ship it with my SOL variant?

I preorded 100 copies a month or so ago.

:o really?

yup...i got all the variants with that 1:10,1:25,1:50 and 1:100. It is a pretty good deal that way.

:doh: I didn't think about that. Does your LCS let you have variants at cover if you buy enough to meet the ratio? Anyway I could just buy a regular copy from you and have you ship it with my SOL variant?

yeah..i got em all at cover price. If you want one or more copies let me know. Thanks.

I have one coming in my next order. I might pick up the 1:25 variant from ebay. For some reason, many of them are going (preorder) for less than $10.

I'm willing to give Kirkman a shot. As always, I'll give it until the end of the third issue before it becomes a permanent item on my pull list.

Soooooo..... anyone pick this up today? Here is where I stand on it:

It was a interesting story, there were the usual Kirkman plot set ups throughout the first issue. Its really hard to tell with the first issue and all, but I think this book has some room to run for awhile. Knowing Kirkman he always is fifteen steps ahead of the game at least. So, yes I did like it, but I can definately see how people may not like it. So what say you?

Soooooo..... anyone pick this up today? Here is where I stand on it:

It was a interesting story, there were the usual Kirkman plot set ups throughout the first issue. Its really hard to tell with the first issue and all, but I think this book has some room to run for awhile. Knowing Kirkman he always is fifteen steps ahead of the game at least. So, yes I did like it, but I can definately see how people may not like it. So what say you?

Don't spoil anything! I've been working all day so I have not been able to pick this up yet!