• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone here going to pick up HAUNT#1 ?

73 posts in this topic

Ok, I read it. I had to pick it up. I was at my LCS and there weren't many copies left! Anyway, I decided to give it a shot based on Kirkman and it seems interesting. I really felt like I was reading an Elseworlds Spawn story though. :(

If I had to saw something negative about the book, and honestly I dont think there were that many negatives, but the design of the costume really isnt all that great. Kinda sad, i dont get the swirl thingy in the middle at all.

Didn't read it yet, but picked up a 1:50 and 2 1:25 which I submitted for SS. Kirkman had a store signing :)

Which cover is the 1:25 variant? And is the 1:50 the Capullo cover?

Yes and can you put up pics?

I broke down and got it too. Decent enough read, however I have to agree that the character design is not very original. Completely feels like a re-hash of the spawn/carnage/venom/crappola claws and impossible body contortions. That being said, I'm giving it a few issues based on Kirkman's involvement.

From another thread:

I passed on the Kirkman/McFarlane thing...anything that is that "anticipated" can't be good! (Not to mention, when there are SOOOOO many copies on the rack by 4 pm on a wed I figure I'll see it in the dollar box)

I hadn't thought of it this way, but he's got a solid point. It might actually be enjoyable (I won't even get to buy it until at least tomorrow) but I doubt it will last long in the "hot" category simply due to the number that are likely to be printed. On top of that, it will be darn-near impossible to live up to the pre-release hype.

Bought it.

Read it.

Liked it.

It's not the next Watchmen or anything, but it is a pretty good little book. At least what one can tell from a first issue is good. The art is shaky, though. I don't mean that as an insult to anyone involved on the book. It's just not what I expected at all, given Capullo's layouts and McFarlane's inks. I think I expected McFarlane to shine through more than he did.

I'm on for a minimum of the first story arc and we'll see what happens from there!

From another thread:

I passed on the Kirkman/McFarlane thing...anything that is that "anticipated" can't be good! (Not to mention, when there are SOOOOO many copies on the rack by 4 pm on a wed I figure I'll see it in the dollar box)

I hadn't thought of it this way, but he's got a solid point. It might actually be enjoyable (I won't even get to buy it until at least tomorrow) but I doubt it will last long in the "hot" category simply due to the number that are likely to be printed. On top of that, it will be darn-near impossible to live up to the pre-release hype.

Oh I wasn't being all that serious. I just limit myself to no more than 1 or 2 new comics off the rack in a given week, tops, often skipping all together, so I'll often look at something to determine whether I will see it in the dollar box in a month or two. Walking Dead, Goon (if it ever comes out), Chew and a couple of others don't seem to find themselves in the dollar box too often. It's purely a money thing.

Just finished issue 3, I have to admit I actually liked it. Issues 1 and 2 did little to hold my interest, but 3 had some good parts. I was going to Drop the book, but decided to give it one more issue, glad I did.

while i was reading #3, i decided i cared little about what was going on and it's a goner for me

while i was reading #3, i decided i cared little about what was going on and it's a goner for me

really, I enjoyed spoiler!

the part were the priest(Daniel) finds out that his brother Kurt was cheating on his wife. SInce Daniel had a romantic relationship with her before, it made a nice dramtic sceen when he fliped out on Kurt. It may not be a good superhero book, but it could be a decent dramatic book if Kirkman works it right.