• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pressing Comics

26 posts in this topic

This is a very amateur question, and I'm asking not to be shot in advance! lol.

Obviously, pressing a comic flattens the comic, and spine, straightening it out, etc.

...But how many people actually press there comics? are there people out there who disagree with pressing comics? From my knowledge, it's a great thing to do if you're in possession of a presser?

My mum actually has a presser in the spare room - she used it a long time ago for flower pressing, so it seems really convenient, but I would like to know more about it, if there even is anything else to know about it?

Lloyd

This is a very amateur question, and I'm asking not to be shot in advance! lol.

Obviously, pressing a comic flattens the comic, and spine, straightening it out, etc.

...But how many people actually press there comics?

Not that many.

are there people out there who disagree with pressing comics?

Lloyd

Many do.

Whatever you do, don't do a search on the topic. You'll just come up empty. meh

Seriously, if you type in "pressing" in the search field and set it for "newer than 6 years", you'll be reading for the rest of your life. Of course, many pressing threads have been locked, but those were only the good ones :whistle:

Seriously, if you type in "pressing" in the search field and set it for "newer than 6 years", you'll be reading for the rest of your life. Of course, many pressing threads have been locked, but those were only the good ones :whistle:

I guess if those threads are locked, they must be good. It's like the Penthouse Strongbox...never-before-imagined realms.

I guess if those threads are locked, they must be good. It's like the Penthouse Strongbox...never-before-imagined realms.

:takeit:

I was just talking to a local dealer. He said he knows of a local collector/dealer that presses every book he has. He looks for books that can be pressed and he goes to work on them. While a good size town. It isn't comic book central by a very long, long shot. Both my nephew and I were surprised. If there is a bigger proft margin to be made. Some will do whatever it takes to earn that last cent.

I don't understand why people don't like it? It doesn't ruin comics? lol.

It can hasten their decline. High heat and humidity can have detrimental effects on paper products. How bad it is for comics, we don't know yet. Buy a pressed book and wait 25 years to find out.

-slym