• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

And finally, Arch hittin' the jackpot in a rare pence-stamped copy:

ARCGS_15.jpg

Wonder what the elves are thinking... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif especially the one on the left...

Absolutely one of my all time favorite covers. Harry Lucey did some of his very best work on those Christmas issues cloud9.gif

I'm too new to collecting Archies to be able to distinguish between the artists - stop showing off! wink.gif Anyway, this arrived today:

ARCCS_4.jpg

Note how the buffoon Archie ignores the sweet yet hot Betty, who is throwing herself at him...gosh!

Steve, is there any chance you could scan Christmas Stocking 1, 2 and 3? I don't have those yet!

I'm too new to collecting Archies to be able to distinguish between the artists - stop showing off! wink.gif

Christmas Stocking #4--Also Harry Lucey poke2.gif

Steve, is there any chance you could scan Christmas Stocking 1, 2 and 3? I don't have those yet!

Will do smile.gif

All three of those have covers by Bob White BTW

Here's a very interesting item (at least for the Brits in the crowd). This is the British version of Christmas Stocking #1. It has cardboard covers and is in black and white.

917138-acsbrit.jpg

917138-acsbrit.jpg.02b7d282024feaeda689d989a50ba6d7.jpg

Edited by 143ksk

ArchieAnnualb.jpg

AndydrawsArchie.jpg

Excuse the smudging, I would clean that up and rescan it, but that would require finding the drawing in amongst all my clutter confused-smiley-013.gif

ARCPJ_91.jpg

This is a disappointingly low-grade copy I bought on ebay (never thought I'd write those words foreheadslap.gif ) At least it looks nice and solid from the front.

I'll be sitting here in Houston waiting for the storm to hit so I should scan the rest of that Pep series (with the side bar) so I can post them. That #132 was the toughest for me to find a decent copy.