• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

So great to see these books! thumbsup2.gif

Curious about the "Approved Reading" logo. Is this a precursor to the CCA stamp or something entirely different? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

582928-Comic%20Codes.jpg

589a8bb34c446_582928-ComicCodes.jpg.535dd04334f3c6b10938bacbea96a896.jpg

I'll have to do some research, but my recollection is that it's kinda like Dell's "Pledge to Parents," where they say that some committee of psychologists and educators has deemed their comic books to be acceptable for children. Which considering the content of some of the early Archie books is a little far fetched 27_laughing.gif See the cover to #11 above.

I have to tell you all how disappointed I was when I looked through the book and there was no sign of the "Swingin Strip Party" as advertised in the upper right "petal" of the yellow flower. Only later did I realize that I had only read half of the message mad.gif

583724-teenin.jpg

583724-teenin.jpg.bebb8e5deaa300e9cbb2aa71169f7613.jpg

Edited by 143ksk

Calling Lucy.....Calling Lucy!

wink.gif

Exactly what I was thinking Brad. I haven't seen her here for a while.... frown.gif

I can dig the books man....groovy!

the HepKitty is here boyz!!!

and I dig those crazy Archies, I'll strt a thread soon of my freshly graded ones...