• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

Nice, Go Betty Go

An ad for the Archie comic strip from the early '60s

Agreed that's a nice piece.

143, are you looking like CBG does for DTM material for any Archie related memorabilia or do you pick and choose what you'd like to have. I imagine the gentle folks at Archie put out tons of licensed items over the years, right. Any particularly goofy items you know of, or are looking for in particular?

Scrooge

143, are you looking like CBG does for DTM material

"DTM?" confused.gif

do you pick and choose what you'd like to have. I imagine the gentle folks at Archie put out tons of licensed items over the years, right. Any particularly goofy items you know of, or are looking for in particular?

Scrooge

There's really not as much as you would expect pre 1968. It's nothing like Disney or Peanuts where there are a million different items out there. I'm interested in pretty much anything that's pre 1968.

143, are you looking like CBG does for DTM material

"DTM?" confused.gif

Sorry, got carried away with board lingo - Translation - ComicBook Guy does for Dennis The Menace material

do you pick and choose what you'd like to have. I imagine the gentle folks at Archie put out tons of licensed items over the years, right. Any particularly goofy items you know of, or are looking for in particular?

There's really not as much as you would expect pre 1968. It's nothing like Disney or Peanuts where there are a million different items out there. I'm interested in pretty much anything that's pre 1968.

Got it. Pre-1968 thumbsup2.gif Will keep an eye out.

And, the piece of resistance grin.gif The third Archie cover in Pep and a tough book to find mad.gif I know it's a dog, but it's mine cloud9.gif The Pep list is currently at 13 needed to have the whole set smile.gif

1026082-pep42.jpg

1026082-pep42.jpg.a2fb736c782f8bfa66f10aa7ccc1547e.jpg

Edited by 143ksk

And, the piece of resistance grin.gif The third Archie cover in Pep and a tough book to find mad.gif I know it's a dog, but it's mine cloud9.gif The Pep list is currently at 13 needed to have the whole set smile.gif

Nice books as always - congrats!! thumbsup2.gif

It is restored. Here's the THREAD that shows the work that was done thumbsup2.gif

Very nice. 893applaud-thumb.gif A book of that stature NEEDS to be restored. With the cover off and the comic deteriorating the way it was, youd have nothing but dust in 30 years. What most people dont realise about their comics is that they will ALL need to be restored or deacidified if they want to keep them around for the next 5-600 years. wink.gif

Recently, I realized that the reason I like those goofy Lois Lane covers so much is because they remind me of Archies, the first comics I bought as a 5-year-old. The Lois/Lana rivalry so closely mirrors that of Betty & Veronica.

So, I picked up a few books off eBay this week. I haven't bought raw from unknown sellers in a while, and I was quickly reminded how bad the grading can be. None of these books were accurately graded. I'm keeping two, but haven't decided about the Laugh #130, as the cover is barely hanging on at both staples.

Very fun covers, though...

archiesmadhouse12.jpg

laugh130.jpg

laugh131.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about the condition of those books. The original photos from the auction don't reveal some of the minor flaws that your scans do. I love the early Mad House issues. The one with Betty and Veronica as mermaids is one of my favorites.