• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

I had someone ask me about this book recently, its not your usual Archie Comic!

cover art Bob White, Great book length story with art by Bob White (except bacakround of page one.)

LWA17fc.png

Open Splash bursting through a DeCarlo page.

LWA17p1.png

Jughead on the operating table

LWA17p2.png

Next chapter splash a worried Riverdale

LWA17p3.png

Last Chapter splash, is that a fourth floor hospital window Dilton is instructing Moose to run wire out to the highway from?

LWA17p4.png

Great one of a kind book!

I finally got a copy of this issue. Thanks to the Creature from the Black Lagoon cover, I usually got outbid on it. The cover is detached at the lower staple but other than that, it's in decent enough shape.

z-laugh130.JPG

I meant to post this several months ago but I had misplaced the Australian comic.

Here is the cover of Ginger #9 recreated for the Australian version of Archie's Pals 'n' Gals, except that Ginger becomes Betty and Tommy becomes Archie.

Here's the 2 side by side followed by larger scans:

ginger-betty.JPG

z-ginger09.JPG

z-Archie-Ginger09-Aus.JPG

I meant to post this several months ago but I had misplaced the Australian comic.

Here is the cover of Ginger #9 recreated for the Australian version of Archie's Pals 'n' Gals, except that Ginger becomes Betty and Tommy becomes Archie.

ginger-betty.JPG

That's interesting. I wonder why they did that rather than just reprint a US cover...