• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

Those old covers are great, but let's not forget all the new ones that we've seen lately!

There seems to be some great things happening in Archie (and some odd things too).

I just pulled about 50 covers from the 60's to present and decided to do so around certain "themes" (technology, hippy, etc).

Here's one cover that might be a contender with that old Betty & Me for "risque"

Archie511.jpg

Edited by bergdoll

This one I have to post because:

1) I'm a bit of a Dan Parent fan.

2) I bought the original art for this issue!

3) I also bought the original art for the next halloween cover which is even BETTER!

BVDD.jpg

Earlier, someone was asking about Clyde Didit.

I'm not sure, but I think they must have been trying to create some sort of "Alfred E. Neuman" thing. Here's a Josie cover referencing him.

Josie37.jpg

Here's a recent infinity cover - I'm not sure how many (if any) others exist for the Archie books???

There's just over 10,000 Archie books out there - so I'm a little "shy" on a complete set :)

V187.jpg

Girls, bikini's, treasure.....

All this cover needs is a case of beer and a big screen TV to be perfect :)

Dan Parent - once again proving he is THE artist for Veronica.

V171.jpg

Edited by bergdoll

And let's end this crazy series of posts with a classic "Archie pull" by Mr. DeCarlo..

A429.jpg

If anyone has them - check out your back issues of "Life with Archie" - some SUPER nice covers there!

crazy how they use to change the covers & what not to update them now days they just reprint everything :P

The issues printed today are new material. There are some reprints in the digests,but there is also plenty of new material as well. I've been pleasantly surprised at how fun it is to read the issues and re-acquaint myself with the old gang from my youth.

Most modern collectors just don't have exposure to Archie material as many comic shops order low numbers or not at all - pity.

Most shops I know just buy the used stuff at garage sales & resell for a buck or two... :D I duno what they do right now but yea when I was reading em as a kid I came across a lot of reprints :S

I'm just starting to buy Archie comics, mainly for my 2 year old for when she gets older. I had to buy this one for the cover. Love the haunted House theme.

test002.jpg

Edited by BrianR