• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

Is Archie a popular character?

Who?

:kidaround:

edit:

So the scanner my dad ordered showed up today! Hooray!

This is my favorite Reggie cover;

Picture.jpg

And we got this in at my bookstore, and I fell in love with the cover. I don't really read much in the way of modern Archie, but this had a cute story in it. I'm getting it signed by the artist on Saturday during NYCC. :)

Picture001.jpg

Edited by BaltimoreLauren

And we got this in at my bookstore, and I fell in love with the cover. I don't really read much in the way of modern Archie, but this had a cute story in it. I'm getting it signed by the artist on Saturday during NYCC. :)

Picture001.jpg

Have you met Dan Parent before? He's a really nice guy and always has some nice sketches for sale at reasonable prices (thumbs u

This is my favorite piece by him:

73613.jpg.99862f4c4d01577291cdc39c4a1ec618.jpg

Have you met Dan Parent before? He's a really nice guy and always has some nice sketches for sale at reasonable prices (thumbs u

Nope! I've met Stan Goldberg before, and he was so wonderful! He talked to me for at least a half an hour at a show a bit ago, really nice guy. I'm looking forward to meeting Dan Parent. Him and Rex. W. Lindsay are my favorite modern Archie artists!

Not a cover, and I don't think I've posted this before, but I figured you Archie fans would enjoy this:

100_4722.jpg

It's the original art to a one-page piece called "Veronica's Hair Care Tips." I bought it at Wondercon 1992 then searched all over for the comic it appeared in. Had them both framed side by side a little later.

Dan Parent is a great guy - I never met him, but have about 80+ pages of original art from him.

Too many to post here, but if you want:

http://gallery.me.com/bergdoll#100396&bgcolor=black&view=carouseljs&sel=0

Also - you may not be aware - they are planning on canceling Betty & Veronica Spectacular! Some of the best covers in recent history are from this series.

I've started a Facebook group to try to show support for the title.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=81253110464&ref=mf

Okay - have to post this (unless I already did -- then it looks like I have to post again!)

BVHW.jpg

Very nice! One of the better modern Archie covers I've seen :applause:

If you like that - here's the original art!

BVSP.jpg