• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

Most shops I know just buy the used stuff at garage sales & resell for a buck or two... :D I duno what they do right now but yea when I was reading em as a kid I came across a lot of reprints :S

Most of what's being done today is new and pretty good! Of course, you can still get huge lots very inexpensively - it's really just the 50's and lower that is hard/pricey.

I've been finding that the Archie's and Uncle Scrooge material currently out really seems to be more fun to read than I would have expected.

Hmmmm.....better post a cover to keep with the thread!

This one was very topical and the story was actually a little chilling - especially in hindsight.

EA16.jpg

And....to leave on a funny note:

J24.jpg

I'm just starting to buy Archie comics, mainly for my 2 year old for when she gets older. I had to buy this one for the cover. Love the haunted House theme.

test002.jpg

WOW! I have this book, and I've had it since I was a little kid! It's all beat to hell - I think at one point it was my "oldest" comic book from 1971-ish range. I probably read that 20 times before I was 8 years old!

I wonder where the heck my copy is?

I love Life with Archie. I had a really high grade run of 1-50 complete a few years ago and sold it on ebay.

I kick myself to this day!

Could you take a video of you kicking yourself and post it please?

:popcorn:

I love Life with Archie. I had a really high grade run of 1-50 complete a few years ago and sold it on ebay.

I kick myself to this day!

Could you take a video of you kicking yourself and post it please?

(worship)

Fixed that for you.

Thanks (thumbs u

The Capt. Hero is the nicest non-pedigree Silver Age Archie I've ever seen. An easy 9.4/9.6

I have one in.....slightly "lesser" conditon. :)

It's always a thrill to find an older Archie in nice shape. Thanks for sharing those - I especially like the fact that the covers are so unique as well. The "sputnik" reference is a gem.

Great book! I love the note about it being bought while on vacation. In Mauston Wisconsin, no less...

:applause:

Thanks. Being new at collecting Archies is this really that rare like overstreet states?