• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poor seller!

18 posts in this topic

Poor Dell! What the hell does your signature mean? confused.gif
Sig relates to a lost bet with Chrisco regarding the UNC - Maryland game last week. Maryland coach is Gary Willaims who has won a National championship. UNC's coach is Roy Williams who hasn't! frown.gif

Sig relates to a lost bet with Chrisco regarding the UNC - Maryland game last week. Maryland coach is Gary Willaims who has won a National championship. UNC's coach is Roy Williams who hasn't! frown.gif

I wasn't talking to you! mad.gif

Dude, think about it;

Bacon, which is very tasty........ And a girl who is very tasty ........ Eat like a king.

Do you need a diagram(which wouldn't be hard to find on the net grin.gif)?

I wasn't talking to you! mad.gif

foreheadslap.gif

sign-rantpost.gif This actually goes to a deeper point - all of the Dell photo covers are over valued in the Guide. You can't give them away, even the John Wayne ones that everybody says are SUPER DUPER HOT. Please. NOTHING from Dell sells, but every year, the price goes up.

Agree with SeanK... many of the Disney Dells, particularly the Duck books, do pretty well in all grades. As for other Dells, they certainly don't do well in mid-grade. There must have been a million or more copies of every FC, and there were 1300+ issues of that title. Now, if you have a Dell (especially FC) in true HG, it may do well with a FC or Dell completionist, but even that's iffy for some titles, especially obscure westerns.

Oddly, the Red Ryder and Little Beaver Dell books do quite well most of the time. Either Fred Herriman is highly regarded beyond traditional comic book collectors, or the Red Ryder fans are still going strong at the age of 65+...

sign-rantpost.gif This actually goes to a deeper point - all of the Dell photo covers are over valued in the Guide. You can't give them away, even the John Wayne ones that everybody says are SUPER DUPER HOT. Please. NOTHING from Dell sells, but every year, the price goes up.

Totally agree. I doubt many of these issues change hands in any given year, so what basis does Overstreet have for increasing the price every year? The result is fewer copies change hands every year because there is no demand at these prices, and the lack of demand and transactions then results in further marginalization of these titles. A true vicious cycle if I ever saw one.

Maybe the Seller is merely trying to get rid of them. I do the same thing - if there is something I no longer have room for or tired of seeing it, it goes by the cheap-side... crazy.gif