• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Who are the Boxing fans on the boards?

35 posts in this topic

Count me in.

Looking forward to the Roy Jones/Hopkins fight. Yeah, I know they are old, but I like Jones and can't stand Hopkins.

Looking forward to the fight myself.....but I got to pull for Hopkins.

i watch it when the fight looks interesting, but i really wonder if any of these guys could hang in a fight with the top MMA guys?

or am i delusional...would those MMA guys wouldn't be able to take one good punch to the jaw from a lennox lewis (10 years ago) wearing the "gloves" MMA guys wear (I suspect most heavyweights couldn't? really, i don't see many knockouts in MMA, why is that?

obviously i don't know the dynamtics of it all. these guys train like mad, so there's no reason to believe that the MMA guys aren't among the best of the best too.

then again, why isn't mike tyson doing MMA? do they have a senior circuit?

i watch it when the fight looks interesting, but i really wonder if any of these guys could hang in a fight with the top MMA guys?

If it is a pure boxing match then in my opinion they could. If they are fighting a match with MMA rules then they virtually have no chance at all. They would go straight for the take down everytime and make them tap.

If it is a pure boxing match then in my opinion they could. If they are fighting a match with MMA rules then they virtually have no chance at all. They would go straight for the take down everytime and make them tap.

i'm thinking just straight out brawl.

but not all those MMA guys are grapplers.

give lennox lewis (10 years ago) a 2 month course on avoiding getting taken down?

(I point to Lennox Lewis (10 years ago) because the heavy weight division looks pretty week...there was a russian guy holding one of the belts who had a physique slightly better than mine (which is saying very little), sure, he was a tough SOB, but really)

i'm thinking just straight out brawl.

but not all those MMA guys are grapplers.

give lennox lewis (10 years ago) a 2 month course on avoiding getting taken down?

(I point to Lennox Lewis (10 years ago) because the heavy weight division looks pretty week...there was a russian guy holding one of the belts who had a physique slightly better than mine (which is saying very little), sure, he was a tough SOB, but really)

Straight out brawl anyone has a punchers chance. Not all MMA guys have ground skills but most top level guys can at least take you down.

Two months would probably not be enough in my opinion for someone who has no MMA experience in a MMA fight. There are just so many ways to take someone down...pure power, judo throws and sweeps.

I agree the heavyweight divison right now doesn't have a superstar that is dominating as Lennox was. I do like the older Klitchco brother...hes got some skill and doesn't have a jaw made of glass.

Ray Mercer did beat Tim Sylvia in an MMA fight, but of course he also lost to Kimbo a while back. Shannon Briggs trained at ATT for a couple of years and there was some talk about him making his MMA debut a few years ago but I'm not sure what ever happened with that. Two months of grappling training is not enough for a pure boxer to hang, but a couple of years of BJJ like Briggs had, might have made things interesting.