• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oak shelves for graded or raw comics (custom)

49 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I went back to the garage and made some of these shelves for myself and wanted to see if there is any demand for them. I like mine, I'm going to cover the walls in my den with them. They are completely hand made and finished and easy to hang up (bronze drywall screws included)

$25.00 For up to 4ft 11 in (boxes are 5 ft so thats as long as they come).

Shipping will be exact . I think I can fit 4 in a box. Price breaks for multiples Pm me with details.

Wes

These are 4 ft long

forsalepics001.jpg

forsalepics002.jpg

forsalepics003.jpg

If you're still making these/can make these next year I would definitely be interested in buying some. I'm contemplating a move in the next 6 months and don't have enough wall space for anything like this now anyway.

Is there anyway you could make them just a little bit longer so that you could fit 6 CGC's without the edges hanging over a bit?

Look awesome by the way. I will be trying to get the ok from my wife for several of them.

Is there anyway you could make them just a little bit longer so that you could fit 6 CGC's without the edges hanging over a bit?

Look awesome by the way. I will be trying to get the ok from my wife for several of them.

Like it says above the photo. Those are 4 feet long. A 5 foot long one would hold 7 graded comics without going over the edge(really close). Or just measure what you need and put them next to each other. like if you have an 8 foot wall get 2 4 foot long ones next to each other.

Nice! What might be cool is if you designed a top lip like your bottom lip.

You'd have to slide the slabs in from the side, but then they wouldn't fall out and they'd be essentially vertical. Thinner slabs would probably just need a foam core or cardboard spacer in the back. (thumbs u

You'd have to slide the slabs in from the side, but then they wouldn't fall out and they'd be essentially vertical. Thinner slabs would probably just need a foam core or cardboard spacer in the back. (thumbs u

True, that would be essential for us that live on shaky grounds on the west coast.

...or you could just buy two and turn one upside down...

D'OH!!

...or you could just buy two and turn one upside down...

D'OH!!

mcgyver.jpg

My other hobby, I never get to show these off. These are built from scratch, flown and are great fun . I cant find the pics of the Tigermoth I built, its now a pile of toothpicks. lol

The Phlatz . 3 foot wingspan ,brushless motor flight time of 30 min with 11.1 v 900ma poly bat.

airplanes001.jpg

airplanes002.jpg

airplanes003.jpg

airplanes005.jpg

WW2 trainer plane about the same flight time with 1100 ma bat.

airplanes006.jpg

airplanes007.jpg

airplanes008.jpg

airplanes009.jpg

airplanes010.jpg

One question....

Why is the slot that the slab sits in so wide? Looks like it could be about 1/3 as wide and still do the job. Are you routing this slot out or are you buying boards with the slot already in them?

One question....

Why is the slot that the slab sits in so wide? Looks like it could be about 1/3 as wide and still do the job. Are you routing this slot out or are you buying boards with the slot already in them?

Im routing them. If you cut the slot any smaller it would have to be an angled cut (which would be sweet) and my router doesnt do angles.