• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is it about those DC 100 pagers?

159 posts in this topic

All those DC 100 page issues from the early 70s are pretty cool ya' know. I can't explain it, they are just so appealing to me. It seems as if some others have the same fascination as I have heard that various collectors are putting together sets of all the 100 page issues. Anyone have a complete list or know where I can find one? I don't read the books so my fascination does not lie on the fact that they are plentiful of story, and the large amount of reprints within is also not a problem to me. They're just cool. Anyone else feel the same way? I am even getting into those Modern Love and Modern Romance 100 pagers. -----Sid

Just recently read this whole thread.. and I agree BassG..

I have always had a thing for any 100 pager.. or Giant Size.. and also Treasury Size.

All those Sq. Bounds seem to hold appeal to me.

But these 100 pagers were just too hard to not pick up as a kid.

Anyhow.. these all might have been posted already.. and since then pulled.

I am new to the thread.. so I will post a few of mine, if ya have seen them here already.. flowerred.gif

sumo.gifLOOK AT UM AGAIN!! sumo.gif

Not CGC slabbed, nor ultra HG.. but still very nice to look at.

Sorry for glare on the JLA photo's, hastily snapped a few pix to post here, I did my best.

Bb112.jpg

Bb113.jpg

Bb116.jpg

Jla110.jpg

JLAdc17.JPG

Zee! You're an artist! You can't display these books on brown SHIRT CARDBOARDS!

Where is the gaily colored pasted paper, the kind Hammer uses? confused-smiley-013.gif

These are great looking books....they need proper background display paper....aka as PBDPs.

wait, this is a bronze thread, right? What the hell am I doing here? Dang!@

Bye!

hi.gif

lol.. I know.. I know.. blush.gif

What I actually meant when I said earlier

" When I hastily shot some photos"

This is what I meant

"I took some quick photos of these while downstairs, when my wife thought I was working on Glass, and did not know I bought them recently. "

And shot them on my workbench, on top of the mailing cardboard they came in, as they are all out of bags now, since the ones they were in were really yellowing.

And I am currently out of new Mylar bags.. foreheadslap.gif

Time to do the comic bag shufflle..switcheroo..these for those...etc.

27_laughing.gif

Too many comics, is a problem I will take anyday. cloud9.gif

Ze- hi.gif

Bah... To you I say...

"MAHAGGA!!!"

poke2.gif

Extremely nice book thumbsup2.gif.. bet it looks even nicer in person.

And is Cheetah really wearing a Deerstalker Hat?

Ze-

Right on!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I knew it would be at least a 9.6,i thought it had a 40% chance at 9.8.

Im happy for you.

No,i do not regret sending it.Perhaps someday you can return the favour with something i need 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

laugh.gif

Got an up to date list Adam? Unfortunately, I don't come across the books on your last list. Don't worry, I'll make it up eventually. I just have to find that book that meets your standard! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Just got this one in the mail today. I have looked all over at cons for a nice mid grade copy of this and they are always like 40-50 dollars no matter how beat up. I am happy with this one, even though it is not exactly high grade....but for a total of $7.50 on EBay takeit.gifyay.gif

weirdmyst.jpg

Fire.. for what it is worth..

Considering we pay $8 to see many a bad motion picture today..

I think your $7.50 was well spent on a really great reader copy.

thumbsup2.gif

And it seems in really decent shape for a reader too.

Nice spine.

Ze-