• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is it about those DC 100 pagers?

159 posts in this topic

Let's be honest.

These books are not worth this much to anybody in the world except Greg. The 110 will sell for $250 to Greg and the 109 will not meet the reserve unless Greg decides to buy it too.

Ten years from now, if Greg puts the 110 up for auction, he will lose money on it. It is not a key book.

Facts are facts.

Gee, I have just about talked myself into selling my collection while Greg is still buying.....and I can't forget the Superman, Batman, etc. collectors...................$712 for Superman 252!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Insanity squared.

sign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

I mean, face the facts.

The only bidders on these two comics are me, Greg, Sid, and joodeloo, who seems to bid $10 to $15 on every CGC comic and is ecstatic whenever he snags one for less than the cost of submission (check his feedback).

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I'm completing my CGC run and buy quality books whenever the opportunities present itself. Believe me, I make much more money selling Marvels any day of the week. These books are myself and I'm going to buy them thinking that I am going to make a profit. I can slab plenty of my other books to raise $$!

I mean, face the facts.

The only bidders on these two comics are me, Greg, Sid, and joodeloo, who seems to bid $10 to $15 on every CGC comic and is ecstatic whenever he snags one for less than the cost of submission (check his feedback).

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Hi, actually I have not bid on these two lovey books. I knew they would go too high for me. Don't think though that Greggy can just march on in and pick them up easily. I am predicting that there will be some other guys that come in at the end with some whopping bids. WE are not the only bidders out there don't forget. These two books I am sure will get alot of attention so bidding at the end should be very interesting. I still think that one or both may get close to $400, but both should top $300 no problem. popcorn.gif -----Sid

Unlikely....the 109 won't meet reserve because it's too common! There is only one other bidder who I know is trying to collect a CGC 9.4 or better 100 page run. He's become active again and won the Superman Family 164 CGC 9.6 recently. However, he doesn't bid on all the 100 pagers and I don't know if he's really that motivated for these books. But...he snipes so I won't know until the end so confused-smiley-013.gif

Who's Greg?

Why Greg Loey, of course. Greggy.

The most famous DC 100 page Super Spectacular collector of all time.

Greggy has the best 100 page collection in the universe. And his collection is just a day and a half away from getting one major Winnipeg better.

Let me guess, that wasn't a serious question right? And I bit.

hi.gif

Who's Greg?

Why Greg Loey, of course. Greggy.

The most famous DC 100 page Super Spectacular collector of all time.

Greggy has the best 100 page collection in the universe. And his collection is just a day and a half away from getting one major Winnipeg better.

Let me guess, that wasn't a serious question right? And I bit.

hi.gif

Yeah, you bite all right. You bite big time. flamed.gif

Yeah...the great part was that I only paid $69 for my 9.6 from comgeek. I was expecting it to hit at least $100. But...there's a 9.8 out there! shocked.gif

Greggy is cool.

No no! Greggy is SO not-cool. He is like Seven-Up. Un-Cola - Un-Cool. He is just SO uncool!

PS - hi.gif Greggy! grin.gif

acclaim.gif

Greggy is cool.

No no! Greggy is SO not-cool. He is like Seven-Up. Un-Cola - Un-Cool. He is just SO uncool!

PS - hi.gif Greggy! grin.gif

acclaim.gif

See just HOW Un-Cool greggy is. If you even MENTION the lad, even in not the best of lights, he acclaioms himslef. SO so so un-cool! tongue.gif

PS - tongue.gif27_laughing.gif

Congrats on winning the 110 Greggy. smile.gif

Gosh darn! I was out but I would have bid on that #109 if I had known it was going to close that low. Geez, I was sure off on my topping the $300 mark comments. -----Sid