• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is it about those DC 100 pagers?

159 posts in this topic

Please do. The 164 looks gorgeous otherwise.

I have quite a few 100 pagers with the only noticeable flaw being a similar ding at the bottom of the spine. I have always felt such dings immediately drop these books to a 9.2 or lower.

Otherwise you would be paying more for that 164 cuz I'd be biddin' on it.

I wish Jason would post some books I really need and you don't. That would be perfect. 893frustrated.gif

Please do. The 164 looks gorgeous otherwise.

I have quite a few 100 pagers with the only noticeable flaw being a similar ding at the bottom of the spine. I have always felt such dings immediately drop these books to a 9.2 or lower.

Otherwise you would be paying more for that 164 cuz I'd be biddin' on it.

I wish Jason would post some books I really need and you don't. That would be perfect. 893frustrated.gif

To be honest, I don't really need this book because I have 2 raw copies that will be graded soon. I'll compare with my raw copies and will eventually get rid of the lower grade copy.

To be honest, the only way you know how CGC will grade these defects is to send in some books for yourself. I haven't sent in that much but will get some back in a few weeks. You'll be surprised sometimes about what would pop up as a 9.4!

You going after any of the others? confused-smiley-013.gif

The days of finding very high grade non CGC 100 pagers appear to be over. It was fun while it lasted.

I don't see any other CGC books that would be an upgrade to what I already have, except for the 164.

Your'e the only person I know that can spend $135 on a comic they don't need!

sign-rantpost.gif

Just hope the reserves aren't as high as when they were initially offered in the November All Star auctions. I was concentrating on the CGC 9.4 DC-4 so I couldn't bid too high on the others.

Well I don't have any CGC 100pagers, but I just found these in one of my boxes confused-smiley-013.gif

supermanfamily164.jpg

supermanfamily165.jpg

supermanfamily167.jpg

supermanfamily168.jpg

No NM's or anything but all are attractive and grade bwtween Fine and maybe VF thumbsup2.gif

Still I bought these years ago for a couple of bucks a piece so I'm not real concerned with the grades. grin.gif

Sid,

I'll be very surprised if either of these Young Love's goes for $300 or more. They are certainly not worth that much to me, and Greggy, well, I don't know...

Thinking back, I have seen quite a few 109's and 110's over the years.

I'm just not sure how many rabid bronze age romance fans are out there. I guess we will find out.

flamed.gif

Sid,

I'll be very surprised if either of these Young Love's goes for $300 or more. They are certainly not worth that much to me, and Greggy, well, I don't know...

I'm just not sure how many rabid bronze age romance fans are out there. I guess we will find out.

flamed.gif

Well, these are two pretty significant books. I just checked the CGC census. These are both the top graded books by far at 9.6 by themselves. The #2 for the #109 is 9.2 and the #2 for the #110 is 8.5. Whoever gets these can feel reasonably safe that they are the best copies in existance and will most likely stay that way as it is exceptionally hard to get 100 pagers this high, especially for these low print run girlie Romance books. If I had money to burn I'd pay $300 each. ---Sid

Sid,

flamed.gif

Well, these are two pretty significant books. I just checked the CGC census. These are both the top graded books by far at 9.6 by themselves. The #2 for the #109 is 9.2 and the #2 for the #110 is 8.5. Whoever gets these can feel reasonably safe that they are the best copies in existance and will most likely stay that way as it is exceptionally hard to get 100 pagers this high, especially for these low print run girlie Romance books. If I had money to burn I'd pay $300 each. ---Sid

Oh....there is a potential for higher graded copies of Young Love 107-109 and Young Romance 197-199, as they were part of a warehouse find and are quite easy to find. I will be having 2 copies of YL 109 graded in my next batch. I can't agree with icefires regarding 110 being common. I have yet to see a true raw NM copy.

Although I have seen quite a few 110's, I have never seen a raw NM either. I bought one advertised as NM on Ebay (one of those small scans, ugghh!), but when I received it, it was more like at VF to VF+.

I did not know about the warehouse find. I have been unable to find a NM or better Young Romance 197.

Good luck on the 110, Greggy.

I must rephrase the "not worth $300 to me" statement. If money were no object, I would probably pay anything for top rated 100 pagers.

popcorn.gif