• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What`s the consensus on Showcase 23,24 and Green Lantern 1?

59 posts in this topic

BTW sorry, missed the 9.2 thing.

Stuck at the border after Baltimore and over tired.

zzz

Just busting your balls.

It's nothing compared sitting at the border for an hour and moving 5 car lengths.

:cry:

BTW sorry, missed the 9.2 thing.

Stuck at the border after Baltimore and over tired.

zzz

Just busting your balls.

It's nothing compared sitting at the border for an hour and moving 5 car lengths.

:cry:

That would suck if you drive a short car. :tonofbricks:

We decided to stay in a hotel and just drive over early tomorrow morning.

It's brutal out there.

GL #1 has heated up quite a bit.

:cool:

can an 8.0 #1 (11 in grade, 19 higher of 337 total subs, $3285 in OS) sell for more than a 9.2 #76 (31 in grade, 19 higher of 410 total subs, $1200 in OS)- enquiring minds want to know? seems like a no brainer if you just look at the #'s.

Heck, the last time a 9.4 copy of #1 sold, it went for barely more than a 9.4 GL #76 goes for these days.

It will be interesting to see what the 9.2 Mound City copy goes for, as it's the first really high grade copy to come up for sale publicly since the advent of GL-mania.

What is the grade on the Mound City copy? 9.2?

Should sell for considerably more than what the previous copy sold for (obviously). I'd take a guess and say double the previous sale of nearly $14K.

$19k :wishluck:

Didn't an 8.5 copy of #1 just top $9K in a recent auction (Comicconnect?)? If so, then Roy's guesstimate does not seem that outrageous, to be honest. However, I would think that someplace around $18K - $20K is more likely.

Also, FWIW, Metro recently bumped up the list price on their current 7.0 copy of GL #1 from $2300 to $3300. I doubt they will get it since there are other 7.0s floating around for $2200 or so right now, but next year might be a different story.

Oh yeah, wrt the question that started this thread, the books to go after IMHO in order are SC #22, GL #7, GL #1, GL #8 (classic cover), GL #9 (1st Sinestro cover), GL #5 (1st Hector Hammond - they have a casting call out for him in the movie), and GL #16 (1st Star Sapphire - not in the movie but they are casting Carol Ferris so it might see a bump up as well).

Oh yeah, wrt the question that started this thread, the books to go after IMHO in order are SC #22, GL #7, GL #1, GL #8 (classic cover), GL #9 (1st Sinestro cover), GL #5 (1st Hector Hammond - they have a casting call out for him in the movie), and GL #16 (1st Star Sapphire - not in the movie but they are casting Carol Ferris so it might see a bump up as well).

What no #29?? (shrug)

Why is #7, so hot? hm

First Sinestro, even though he's not on the cover, and extremely difficult to find in HG.

Oh, and Kimik keeps pumping it at every opportunity! lol:baiting:

He must have a hoard of em stashed..I still think #29 is underrated BIG TIME

Great picks, I am confused about #8, I seen the cover but is it really the reason or is the reason because of 1st appearance of 5700 AD?

Why is #7, so hot? hm

First Sinestro, even though he's not on the cover, and extremely difficult to find in HG.

I'll bite. What is so special about #29?

Great picks, I am confused about #8, I seen the cover but is it really the reason or is the reason because of 1st appearance of 5700 AD?

Definitely more because the unique grey tone cover. The 5700 AD story adds to the desirability.

Why is #7, so hot? hm

1st Black Hand

Why is #7, so hot? hm

1st Black Hand

Is he a significant villian now? I'm waaay behind in my modern GL reading.

Why is #7, so hot? hm

1st Black Hand

Yep!

Why is #7, so hot? hm

1st Black Hand

Yep!

doh!

"The Blackest Night falls from the skies,

The darkness grows as all light dies,

We crave your hearts and your demise,

By my black hand--The dead shall rise! "

I hope to someday catch up so I can start the BN storyline. :(

Why is #7, so hot? hm

I think that #29 will drop a bit in price as the BN hype dies down. While Black Hand is cool/relevant again, he is still a 2nd tier villain for GL and looking at other SA titles it is really only the major villain in any title (e.g Dr. Doom, Lex Luthor, Joker) that really increases significantly in value over time. Besides, #29 is not that hard to find in VF or better since it is a mid 60s book.

I only have two copies of GL #7 and wish I still had my 9.2. That book is very tough to find in FN/VF, let alone VF or better. I would grab any decent looking copy you can find right now, because they are harder to find than even Showcase #22. At the SDCC there were several copies of SC #22 available, but only one or two beat up GL #7s.

GL #8 is sought after for its cover and that is basically it. If you look at the early GL run from #1 - 10, the highest demand books in order are probably #7, #1, #8 and #9. All are tought to find in high grade, so grabbing a 9.0 or better copy should pay off handsomely in the long run. GL #13, #16, and #20 are also higher demand books (#13 and #20 have Flash x-overs and #16 is the 1st app of Star Sapphire), but they are more abundant in high grade. One of the Sinestro covers (#15 or #18) is tougher to find in high grade so those are probably decent buys as well.

So let me see if I get your point,Your saying GL8 is a better book then 29 because of it COVER???

Maybe im looking in the wrong places but where are all these " easy" to find 29s in vf or better..Ill take all I can get..I dont think the BN storyline will be the end of the Black Hand so I dont see what your rational is for that either..Unless your a writer for DC you have no idea where its going.

Ill buy books with first app over cool covers all day every day..

I will agree with you on #7 though.Tough to find book but all the others you mention arent that tough.Not by me at least..Guess im looking in the wrong places (shrug)

So let me see if I get your point,Your saying GL8 is a better book then 29 because of it COVER???

Maybe im looking in the wrong places but where are all these " easy" to find 29s in vf or better..Ill take all I can get..I dont think the BN storyline will be the end of the Black Hand so I dont see what your rational is for that either..Unless your a writer for DC you have no idea where its going.

Ill buy books with first app over cool covers all day every day..

I will agree with you on #7 though.Tough to find book but all the others you mention arent that tough.Not by me at least..Guess im looking in the wrong places (shrug)

GL 8 is much earlier in the run than 29. That makes a big difference, much like the Flash run. The 10 cent DCs are tougher finds.