• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: LIVE - 6-year-old takes off in family's experimental helium-balloon craft

47 posts in this topic

The kid is 6 years old...maybe 50 lbs.

Mythbusters did an experiment where it took 3500 helium filled balloons to lift a 44 lb child just a few feet into the air. Im thinking 3500 Helium balloons have a lot more volume than that 20 foot by 5 foot balloon.

I am no mathematician but my guess is he was never on it.

:applause:

-slym

They're saying that a box was attached to the bottom of the basket on the balloon, and that the boy may have been in that. The box has not been located either, so the question is, where did it separate from the balloon's basket.

Again - seriously:

The kid is 6 years old...maybe 50 lbs.

Mythbusters did an experiment where it took 3500 helium filled balloons to lift a 44 lb child just a few feet into the air. Im thinking 3500 Helium balloons have a lot more volume than that 20 foot by 5 foot balloon.

I am no mathematician but my guess is he was never on it.

:applause:

-slym

Stupid brat.

I thought the balloon was much bigger while it was in the sky. When it came down to the ground, I was surprised at how small it was. How did anyone think that a helium balloon that small could lift a 6 year old child?

On top of that, why wasn't a thermal imager used to determine that he wasn't in the damned thing?

I heard on the news that they were thinking of having the National Guard to do some sort of air rescue, its a good thing that no one was hurt trying some sort of rescue.

Glad he's OK, now they need to spank the spoon out of that little bugger...

+ 1 trillion

.............unless of course these people are one of those reality tv whoring types. Didn't somebody mention they were on wife swap?

heck, for all the absurd things people do these days I wouldn't be surprised if these people concocted this entire thing merely for the publicity. Maybe they got a taste of it doing reality tv and they wan't more.

Right now some accountant is tabulating the cost of all this.....and if it was staged, I hope these people get a big old, heft bill from the city or whomever.