• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Liefield, You're a *spoon*.

111 posts in this topic

Apparently Rob Liefield does not sign New Mutants 87 or 98 unless you buy a $20 sketchbook from him. CGC just called to inform me that the cherry copy of NM 98 I dug up in Baltimore was refused by Liefield because I wasn't there to give him more money. The employee informed me that I was one of very many calls he was making this evening to find out who still wanted their books graded w/ a partial refund and who wanted them mailed back. It's ironic in a way because I wasn't going to bother with Liefield that weekend until I found that copy. It was so nice I figured I would have it graded and, What the hell?, may as well make my first submission in 7 years an SS while we're at it. Oh well...I'm still excited about the book but am no longer thrilled with it's creator.

I'm curious though...the $10 for the signature...does it all go to CGC or do the creators get some of that?

Oh well...I'm still excited about the book but am no longer thrilled with it's creator.

You were thrilled with him before this incident?

yeah i went to his line late in the show. Pulled out both my books and his assistant told me the news... had to go "Oh well" and moved along as I was outta money. I was looking forward to getting them signed but now... not so much

If I had twenty dollars for every time...he's just trying to profit on sig profiteers. I don't blame him because obviously some people are in line to get just the key books signed doesn't mean they are actual fans of his.

If he's doing every other book for free then I don't fault the guy.

If he's signing Supreme comics for free then you can't really villainize him.

He should be handing out full refunds for Supreme along with that signature...then I will forgive him.

Actual celebrities charge for their autograph, but then again it's an actual celebrity and not Pouches McGee aka Rob Liefield.

4003120069_25422a29ce.jpg

Pat took this paparazzi style picture of him at the con. I'm surprised no one tried to make him delete it.

Its his signature. He can do with it as he pleases.

People will have it signed merely to profit off the books. Perhaps he is entitled to some of that scratch.

true. he knows that people are going to profit over his sigs. :slapfight:

At WWChicago this year, I had 3xNM 87 and 6xNM 98 Sig Series done with no problems.....guess times have changed (shrug)

He also did some free sketches at WWChicago. Methinks, someone alerted RL to the prices that 9.8 SS 87s and 98s are going for.

Its his signature. He can do with it as he pleases.

People will have it signed merely to profit off the books. Perhaps he is entitled to some of that scratch.

Sure he is,

But under this logic he should be walking around handing out $20's to everyone that was subjected to Youngblood, Supreme, or especially :sick: Captain America.

On the flip side....

Rob's been paid for that job, he got paid again when he sold the artwork, he got paid again when the royalty checks came in, and he's been trading on his NM's success ever since.

I think he's gotten so much "scratch" off of it that it's gotta be infected by now.