• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Nicolas Cage

40 posts in this topic

Too bad he doesn't have any comic books to sell.
Why did he sell anyway? I heard everything from his ''then'' wife demanding he sell them to him selling because he was moving on to bigger things(whatever that means)

Why did he sell anyway? I heard everything from his ''then'' wife demanding he sell them to him selling because he was moving on to bigger things(whatever that means)

I thought it was because someone stole his Action #1 and Tec #27 at a party, and thus soured the whole hobby for him.

I thought it was because someone stole his Action #1 and Tec #27 at a party, and thus soured the whole hobby for him.

That sounds like the closest to the truth.

Oh, and the fact that he discovered that a certain dealer had charged him top dollar for a load of books that were subsequently discovered to be restored. :(

That sounds like the closest to the truth.

Oh, and the fact that he discovered that a certain dealer had charged him top dollar for a load of books that were subsequently discovered to be restored. :(

Oooohhh....sick burn! :gossip: Who was it BTW? Oh, and the pics in your sig line? Makes me want to stalk all of your posts!

That article doesn't indicate any wrongdoing by the business manager other than he was pathetic at his job. One of the business manager's fallbacks is definitely going to be how it was the economy's fault.

I hope justice prevails. And I'm a big fan of Nicolas Cage, so I hope he endures.

I'm sure Cage is going to bounce back, but I don't think anyone should trivialize the magnitude of his situation. One of my favorite blogs is Luxist.com, and it has been chronicling Cage's real estate woes extensively. It has been a fire sale on his properties all around the world for quite some time now. Just this week his British castle has been profiled and, within the past few weeks, so were his houses in both New Orleans and California. And that's just in the past month! It seems as though everything he owns is for sale - I think it's safe to say he won't be spending $10 million on an Action #1 anytime soon. :eek:

He may (or may not, it's just one estimate) have made $40 million last year, but (a) that's probably not a typical paycheck, (b) he's probably taken a big hit on all his investments, © he probably has a huge spending nut (just think about all the carrying costs on all his properties alone), (d) he's probably an L.A. resident so you can cut his pre-tax pay almost in half, (e) he may have taken on leverage (as so many wealthy people did) which magnified his losses.

puleeeaaaassse for one he's a Coppola,(back up the brinks truck)broke hardly!

just a minor set back for this guy :/

Actually, I think Francis Ford Coppola has also had some real money problems over the years. I don't know what the state of his finances are these days -- not too great, I wouldn't think since he hasn't had a hit movie in a while -- but he has had at least a couple of near (financial) death experiences.

Wasn't it a house guest, who for some reason he was unwilling to prosecute? I think there has been a thread or two on this in the last few months.

Found this on a web-site. I cant seem to find a whole lot about it anywhere.

DRX

Nic Shelves Comic Love After Theft

Actor Nicholas Cage has revealed he gave up his love of comic books after part of his beloved collection was stolen. The star, who appears in new comic adaptation Ghost Rider, was so upset when his favourite graphic novels were stolen that he decided not to pursue his hobby any longer. "Three of my best comics were robbed - Action One, Detective 27 and Detective 14," says the Con Air star. "Those books today would be worth, I don't know how much, more than the whole collection itself was at the time. It occurred to me that I didn't want that in my house anymore because I didn't want that sort of temptation for people to do that, so I sold everything."

My wife told me about this today...she happens to know about the comic collection he had.

First thing out of her mouth was "Time to sell the books!".

I think she was referring to me. :sick: