• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Copper series do you feel are UNDERRATED/OVERLOOKED?

34 posts in this topic

Of course I'm talking independent books (or overlooked DC & Marvel books if you want) You all know How I railed about Judge Dredd being overlooked, but what books do you feel arent getting the respect they deserve?

There can be loads of books listed from the Copper Age that unfortunately were mixed in with all the junk from that period. For me, it is:

1) Elementals - Starting with Justice Machine Annual 1.

2) MR Monster - Starting with Vanguard Illustrated 7.

3) Grimjack - Tim Truman is incredible!.

4) Airboy (Eclipse) - Another Tim Truman fantastic series.

5) Scout (Eclipse) - Tim Truman again.

Ohhhh, and:

6) Spawn. :baiting:

Nexus almost always gets my vote whenever this question comes up. (thumbs u

Someone above mentioned Infinity Inc (probably due to the early McFarlane artwork), but that got me thinking about the first 30 issues of All-Star Squadron: it was Jerry Ordway's first pro gig, it should benefit from the later success of the Geoff Johns JSA revamp, and it introduced several characters (Infinity Inc again), who would later figure in to the Johns JSA, and in to Neil Gaiman's Sandman for that matter. hm

I really loved the covers to Vortex #1-15, which was a series by Vortex Comics that is mostly known for the first appearance of Mister X (on the cover of #2 only).

Still have all my copies from that series. And especially issue #2 as I felt Mister X was such a cool series.

MrX_A.jpg

But issue #1 has one of the best covers.

For me it was

Airboy

Jon Sable (did anyone see the TV Show)

Green Arrow Longbow Hunters

Green Arrow

with Mike Grell being on the last three. John Bryne also had a really nice run on Fantastic Four but that one may not be overlooked like the others mentioned here.

For me it was

Airboy

Jon Sable (did anyone see the TV Show)

Green Arrow Longbow Hunters

Green Arrow

with Mike Grell being on the last three. John Bryne also had a really nice run on Fantastic Four but that one may not be overlooked like the others mentioned here.

the only good thing about the TV show was the introduction of Renee Russo... everything else, they got wrong...

mr monster was always amazing, elementals was great early on then i fell off it, i liked alot of the aircel books (samurai elflord) AND AN INSANELY UNDERAPPRECIATED SERIES FROM DC...ANIMALMAN!

:golfclap:

The Elementals started out so great and then fizzled. One imagines Bill Willingham would have done better had he found a co-plotter/writer to take some of the burden off.

That, and it really didn't seem like he had a strategy for what to do with the series after the battle with Saker was over with.

But it was very enjoyable, and surprising that it never caught on like it should have

Nexus almost always gets my vote whenever this question comes up. (thumbs u

Someone above mentioned Infinity Inc (probably due to the early McFarlane artwork), but that got me thinking about the first 30 issues of All-Star Squadron: it was Jerry Ordway's first pro gig, it should benefit from the later success of the Geoff Johns JSA revamp, and it introduced several characters (Infinity Inc again), who would later figure in to the Johns JSA, and in to Neil Gaiman's Sandman for that matter. hm

Not to mention they're really good comics. Roy Thomas was really into it and it showed. Those 30 issues are among the best reads out there.