• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-man # 5 graded 9.8 onsite at con!!!

34 posts in this topic

If this is the same book people were talking about at Chicago, its a regrade. He wasn't happy when it got a 9.6 the first time around.

Yeah, but the guys who'll be willing to spend crazy money on it won't care about little "technicalities" like that.

If this is the same book people were talking about at Chicago, its a regrade. He wasn't happy when it got a 9.6 the first time around.
:o Did the CGC staff know that?

:roflmao: You ask that as if you think it would make any difference.

Sweet book owned by John Verzyl, a 9.4 went for almost $20K this month per GPA. Wonder how much this will fetch, being the highest graded.

Is there any info out there on Mr. Verzyl. All I know is that he owns the AA 16 Church and like all of the Church Timelys I believe. And he has this 9.8 spidey?

Who exactly is this man? How did he come to own what appears to be millions of dollars worth of comics?

I'm fascinated by his collection and would love to hear how he came into it.

Sweet book owned by John Verzyl, a 9.4 went for almost $20K this month per GPA. Wonder how much this will fetch, being the highest graded.

Is there any info out there on Mr. Verzyl. All I know is that he owns the AA 16 Church and like all of the Church Timelys I believe. And he has this 9.8 spidey?

Who exactly is this man? How did he come to own what appears to be millions of dollars worth of comics?

The short answer is that he's old, has been collecting for a long time, and was willing to spend on comics when they were relatively cheap.

That's pretty much the answer for every major GA and SA collector in the hobby, although the SA mega-collectors aren't quite as old.

The short answer is that he's old, has been collecting for a long time, and was willing to spend on comics when they were relatively cheap.

That's pretty much the answer for every major GA and SA collector in the hobby, although the SA mega-collectors aren't quite as old.

lol Thanks T

Oh, if I only had a time machine I guess.

He also had some serious balls and took a risk very few here would take...he sold his house, so he could use the equity of it and spend it ALL on Mile Highs. He and his wife then moved into his inlaws for a couple years until they built up a new downpayment.

Jim