• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #140 CGC 4.5

26 posts in this topic

A friend of mine wants this book and the PQ is very nice. But he said that he didn't want any notes on the label, otherwise this book would already be sold to me and then passed to him.

Couldn't you just resubmit and request to have the notes left out?

A friend of mine wants this book and the PQ is very nice. But he said that he didn't want any notes on the label, otherwise this book would already be sold to me and then passed to him.

Well, I can't really do anything with the notes. It is what it is. I don't see why having notes on a label would differ from a label having no notes especially if it is just tape. I can understand if it says something like small amount of glue or color touch on the cover, then that would be a different scenario. But if it is tape or if it says foxing, etc. whatever that is considered not restoration should be fine.

Is there a reason CGC did not give this a green label? I thought when they put notes on the book like that it got a green label?

No, not all books that have notes on the label are automatically green labels. Green labels are for books that let's say is NM in apperance, but has a 4 inch spine split that brought it down to a lower grade. Something like that.

I doubt it. CGC puts notes on labels like that in which defects are "hidden" and can't be seen on the covers. Most of them happen on the inside pages.

I doubt it. CGC puts notes on labels like that in which defects are "hidden" and can't be seen on the covers. Most of them happen on the inside pages.

you are correct (thumbs u