• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bumchex' fantastic Detective Comics collection

60 posts in this topic

as have it

:o

:sorry:

as have I (I was playing online poker as I was typing lol )

I played for 18 hours yesterday....won a 4 table tourney at 2:30am this morn... my first :headbang:

then, tonight, lost with pocket Aces with an ace on the flop (to an all in straight!!!) doh!

I need a few of those pedigrees still for my much less amazing set.

I saw that Tec 91 you picked up in the sales forum. I yelled out loud when I saw the letters SOLD next to it. :censored:

Good for you (thumbs u

While I am a lucky and blessed person, it has taken me 10+ years of hard work to put my humble collection together.

That's why it's fun to collect non-SA Marvel. It's not just a matter of writing lots of checks and having yourself a great collection the next day.

While I am a lucky and blessed person, it has taken me 10+ years of hard work to put my humble collection together.

That's why it's fun to collect non-SA Marvel. It's not just a matter of writing lots of checks and having yourself a great collection the next day.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

Yeah but then you have to have a bunch of pink covers and goofy story lines in your collection.

:baiting:

as have it

:sorry:

as have I (I was playing online poker as I was typing lol )

I played for 18 hours yesterday....won a 4 table tourney at 2:30am this morn... my first :headbang:

then, tonight, lost with pocket Aces with an ace on the flop (to an all in straight!!!) doh!

Do you play with real money, or virtual?

I pretty much focus on the keys but these days it really is about comic art, esp art to covers.

Eric, thanks for the reply. I love browsing your site from time to time. I think we've even emailed in the past.

Did you at one time or do you still read comics?

Roy.

I saw that Tec 91 you picked up in the sales forum. I yelled out loud when I saw the letters SOLD next to it. :censored:

Good for you (thumbs u

That is the 4th time the book has been offered. Very pleased to get that book, so thank you!

Hi,

I am bumchex or de-mented depends on the forum you read. Real name Eric Roberts (sorry, not Julia's brother). I rarely visit the forums and was surprised to see this discussion.

For the record, I will NOT be chasing any pre-hero Detectives. Chances are, if it is a mile high, I probably owned it and traded/sold it away. I picked up a run years ago that had those early books and not being a fan of pre-hero traded away the ones with covers that didn't interest me. I love BATMAN, esp pedigree books, and will always look to upgrade issues 27-50. I also have a bias toward the SAN Francisco pedigrees.

I am an open book, so if anyone ever has a question they can always email me. I don't like discussing prices paid but I enjoy sharing my collection with others with similar hobbies.

My best,

ERic

Truly a awesome collection.And WTTB

Good for you (thumbs u

That is the 4th time the book has been offered. Very pleased to get that book, so thank you!

Pics?